No announcement yet.

Front rotor-over-hub conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn too much info my brain iz fizziling man but i wanna do this mod i already did the rear disc conversion froma another cb 7 i wanna upgrade both front and rear together so what do you guys suggest as setup by the way i still have the stock prop valve for a 90 dx accord...

Ride List
    1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
    2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
    newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

get the bigger rotor over hub upgradein the front with stock MC and an integra 40/40 prop valve...timmyotoole did this and it works great for him

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Thanks, this info was very very helpful. I need new front rotors and have a broken lug stud, so I'm just waiting to have this done. I would have liked 5 lug, but my wallet doesn't and this seems like the most feasible method to go with.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant8311
          Thanks, this info was very very helpful. I need new front rotors and have a broken lug stud, so I'm just waiting to have this done. I would have liked 5 lug, but my wallet doesn't and this seems like the most feasible method to go with.
          thats umm . . . exactly why I did mine. good luck with it dude, its not really all that hard, just make sure you dont leave the fastening bolts for the wheel bearing off like I did . . . it makes a not so nice sound, kills gas mileage, and umm . . .destroys the rotor . . .
          -Mark-
          CB7
          CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
          Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
            thats umm . . . exactly why I did mine. good luck with it dude, its not really all that hard, just make sure you dont leave the fastening bolts for the wheel bearing off like I did . . . it makes a not so nice sound, kills gas mileage, and umm . . .destroys the rotor . . .
            Fastening bolts? Are they the 4 bolts that screw the bearing into the hub?

Can all this be done by yourself, or will you have to go to a shop to have them unpress your hub-over-rotor setup, and to press the new hub and wheel bearing into the knuckle? And for my accord (ex with abs), I would have to use a caliper from a car with ABS right?
            Last edited by i97supratti; 01-15-2006, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I used the front calipers and rotors from a 3.0CL. ABS still works, kicks in s bit sooner then with my old stock setup (good thing) since the brakes have better brakeing power. What you will need is axles from the accord EX
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti

Can all this be done by yourself, or will you have to go to a shop to have them unpress your hub-over-rotor setup, and to press the new hub and wheel bearing into the knuckle? And for my accord (ex with abs), I would have to use a caliper from a car with ABS right?
                Since your EX already has ABS, it is setup for it. The ABS system has to do with the ABS tone ring on the driveshaft (you already have) and the ABS sensor that reads off the tone ring mounted on the knuckle (you already have). The calipers themself have nothing to do with the ABS system.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

yea. I totally spaced and forgot to put them back it. Im sure it was uberdangerous . . . but I only knew what was wrong after the fact.
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

WHERE can you get 23T caliper brackets? I have some prelude calipers, but no brackets. I got them for free lol. If they don't sell them seperately, then if I go and buy the prelude calipers from autozone or somewhere, will it come with 23t brackets?

Comment

Im pretty sure they do ^
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

One of my most recent mods.....
                        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Nice!
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

WHERE can you get 23T caliper brackets? I have some prelude calipers, but no brackets. I got them for free lol. If they don't sell them seperately, then if I go and buy the prelude calipers from autozone or somewhere, will it come with 23t brackets?
                            No, when you get calipers from auto parts store, that is ALL you will get. Specify you want caliper brackets and see if they can get them. Autozone sucks for Honda stuff, Advance Auto Parts aka Discount Auto in some areas have more parts.
                            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Has anyone even done a write-up for the prelude caliper and rotor upgrade? I too have access to prelude calipers and rotors, but have no knowledge... ( though I am learning, just found out I need brackets.) Anyway if someone who has done this can just make a quick DIY for that would be really helpful.

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
                              -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
                              -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
                              -BFGoodrich T/A Sports 215/40/17
                              -JDM Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust
                              -D2 Coilovers
                              -JDM Headlights
                              -Suspension Techniques Rear Swaybar
                              -Axxis Metal Master Brake Pads
                              -Recaro Seat

Comment

When doing the 11 inch upgrade do you need to replace the rotor backing plate with a bigger one??? Anybody???
                                FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Working...
                                X