Weak ebrake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weak ebrake

Quick edit: 4 wheel discs with ABS in case anyone doesn't know what the 10th Anni. has.

This has really been an issue ever since I put the Hawk HPS pads on all 4 corners.....my brakes have been great with better stopping power but my ebrake sucks. It WILL keep the car from moving on an incline but I have to pull it all the way up. I adjusted the cable so when the handle is at one click the ebrake starts grabbing so it's not out of adjustment. I've replaced one of the rear calipers and I know neither is locked or seized. Even on a wet road the ebrake will not lock up the rear wheels like it did before the pad/rotor change a couple years ago.

So my theory is maybe the HPS pads need to heat up a little bit before they bite hard??? In this case I'd be better off with an oem-like pad in the rear wouldn't I? Thoughts? Thx.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

if it stops your car from rolling on a hill, it's fine, just throw it in gear and set your brake and turn your wheels the right way.

really wouldn't worry about it unless it ISN'T grabbing. most rear wheel disc setups on other cars have ways to adjust the ebrake similar to how drum setups do, sometimes it's the caliper piston, sometimes it has a screw adjustment, etc
    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Working...
    X