Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear 5 lug and disc swap with whole lude assembly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear 5 lug and disc swap with whole lude assembly.

Has anyone tried this and does it work? If not I will just go 5 lug and stay drum in the rear.

Everything I have found while searching says to convert to a rear disc setup from a cb7 then use the hub from the prelude to go 5 lug.

I have access to a wrecked 98 lude to get whatever I want off of it.
    1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
    1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
    Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

search! there are a few ways to do it.
    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I did! Theres nothing regarding using the whole bb6 trailing arm assembly.
      1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
      1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
      Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

Why go 5-lug if you're going to stick with drum brakes? If you have access to the parts, just get the Prelude hubs/bearings (if they're any good), and an Accord EX rear-end. I don't know about your area, but I can't spit in a junkyard without hitting a CB. 5-lug drums are going to cost you just as much.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

x2 this ^^^

if you cant find the info then its a sign that its usually a sign that its 100% not worth the time, effort, or funds to attempt or complete.
          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...REAR+LOWER+ARM

^Diagram of BB6 REAR susp, I'm sure you know what a CB rear looks like, no way you're making that work. Completely different. Like others suggested, CB r. disk swap w/ those hubs/bearings from your parts car.

Comment

Hang on, I don't want to sound like a broken record with the "It depends on how much money, time and resources you have and you can make anything work..." argument. But, rear suspensions on other cars are swapped around all the time. I was geared up to put a C4 IRS underneath my '67 Mustang before the whole project got abandoned. Granted, I didn't actually do it, but others have before.

So, things like this CAN be done but they are not in the slightest bit practical. If you 're going to try to reinvent the wheel then you're going to need to start looking around a lot more for your answers before you just start asking "will it work" type questions. A quick browse over on the site that Granite CB7 linked to is the best way to compare parts first. Physical appearance is the easiest tell-tale.

The only rear knuckles I know of that will work properly for converting to 5-lug is the '96-'98 3.2TL. The 2.5TL of that generation is 4-lug so it has to be the 3.2TL. I detailed it in this thread. I'm actually about to update it with the information I'm giving you here. The wheel issue in the rear is fixable by using the wheels from a '91-'95 Legend or the '96-'98 3.2TL. I didn't know this at the time I was doing mine. What this means is that the rear wheels from an S2000 would fit on perfectly flush as well because of their offset. You have the member coupes to thank for this. He did it with Legend wheels on his using the same rear knuckles as me and his is totally flushed up in the rear. I have pictures of the fitment on his car but I'll ask him before I post them.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

^Very true! Rereading what I posted sounded terrible I guess what I simply meant was while not impossible, the BB6 rear susp. swap would be leagues more involved than a 5 lug swap or rear disk swap. That is very impressive info on the 96-98 3.2 TL r. knuckle swap too

Comment

It pays to research online by draining every possible resource, playing around in junkyards every free day I have and being able to bounce things off of Tippey back and forth.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    It pays to research online by draining every possible resource, playing around in junkyards every free day I have and being able to bounce things off of Tippey back and forth.
                    lol

Comment

Oh and someone on here used a crv rear hub and drum i believe to make it 5 lug. I almost want to say it was da9b16

Comment

It was. I think that swap is what the OP was alluding to in his first post if he couldn't use the Prelude knuckle.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...96#post2267696

Comment

Working...
                          X