Rear Rotor Upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Rotor Upgrade?

I hate the look of the thin rotors on the rear of my 92 EX. Has anyone upgraded their rear brake setups, aside from the AEM big brake kit? Beyond that, does anyone have any ideas on how to get a beefier rotor in the back. Keep in mind that I'm looking for more of an asthetic mod then a performance minded one. Just something that looks better tucked behind my rims.

there is no such thing as a rear bbk for the 4th gen accord. even the aem kit is for front only.
    Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

You'd have to see if you can piece things from other Accords and make it work. If you find out how, you'll be the first I know who's done it and will be referred to as "the man" from now on.

So if ur itchin to do it....see what u can find out.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

bringing this old thread back to life...im looking into swapping out my old rear calipers and i was wondering if anyone has found out a way to upgrade them...kinda like putting the prelude brakes in the front...is there something similar for the rear? are prelude rear brakes the same as accords?

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
        Originally posted by ACC0RD22
        no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
        So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

not sure on the rear brakes... but i do want to upgrade my rear to the powerslot bbk.. it comes for preludes and itr's and if i ever do i just have to talk to the company.

good luck

Comment

there is a rear conversion kit out there....i think 2 companies actually make them....the rear brakes are mainly for looks but will def aide in stopping. check horsepowerfreaks.com they have a crap load of stuff.
            My members ride thread

Comment

how much do those bbk kits run? i was actually looking for something cheaper but effective like the prelude swap in the fron...i dont want to break the bank on this swap

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

you can fit NSX rear caliper in the rear! try that ramiro. if i've seen them in an ITR then we can certainly do it on our cars! but i'm sure there will be no performance difference other than looks. there really isnt an "effective" rear caliper swap. that's why people just leave them alone. you have to go bigger and bigger usually equates to more dinero!
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

i would if i had the nsx fronts but i sold them a while back...it looks like i might just keep them stock

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Working...
                  X