I need some break info....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some break info....

Well as of yesterday I took my front pads off and I have no break pressure what so ever now and Ive been reading some info I just put 2 new outer tire rod ends on and I am planning on ordering just my stock OEM pads and rotors but from the DIYs ive been reading and I know I need them now I plan on ordering 2 lower ball joints as well. So any good DIYs from other sites or mb ones I havent found......as well as a rough guide of what Im gonna need as far as tools (like can I get away without a ball joint remover, I think I can)
    I just have never done the breaks on are cars b4....and Id like to make this a day or day and a half type of thing....I may not have use of a garage so I'll be in my driveway. I have a 90 shop manual this is a 92 sedan, Ive heard I dont need to remove the lower fork bolt to remove the lower ball joint and put on the new rotors? any help or info is apresheated...also any info on draining the break fluid and putting in all new dot 3? or mb just add and bleed...I have the bleeding sequence here in the manual....

to remove the lower ball joints you may or may not use a ball joint puller to seperate them from the lower control arm and then after that you may use a large hammer to remove the lower ball joint from the knuckle(note that there is a lock ring in there you need to remove) then after that i would recommend taking the knuckles along with the ball joints to a machine shop to press the balljoints in, so they are not damaged during the installation... that is really the only thing i can suggest unless you have a shop press at your house... (i would also recommend that if your wheels bearings have never been changed and your car has is high milage, to replace the wheel bearings while you have the knuckles off...) hope this helps

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

thanks for the info from all the reading I did on here today im considering a rotor over hub conversion from the CL seems as if I only need a hub and bearing(comes togeather) from a 98-99 CL 2.3L 4cyl premium edt. and the rotors for that same car other then that choice of pads and I can keep stock calipers....my cars a 92 but I just bought it and im pertty sure it does have abs as its a cdn. car is that correct? had SRS air bag but thats deployed thankfully lol, does that bearing from the cl fit the axel or do I have to use a stock accord bearing?

Comment

They seem to be the same from what I read further as its bigger then the new accord hubs so I can use CL hubs rotors and wheel bearing assemblys and stock calipers and rotors is this correct?

Comment

Working...
        X