• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah sorry, i saw that you had used spacers. i'll check them out thanks

Comment

i had the same problem with one set of wheels

i used sticky weights on the inside and problem solved

Comment

I also have rubbing at full lock with my sawblades, I've only noticed it below 5 mph tho. I am running 205/55/15's, and I have sticky weights on them. I was pretty sure it was the tires contacting the inner wheel well tho.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

looked at it today on the lift, the wheel is hitting the swaybar end links even without weights. wonder how spacers would look?

Comment

Originally posted by MethodFX View Post
            looked at it today on the lift, the wheel is hitting the swaybar end links even without weights.
            As do (did) mine.

Originally posted by MethodFX View Post
            wonder how spacers would look?
            You are limited as to how far out you can space the wheel due to the stud length (as I said above, more than 5mm would be asking for trouble), and you may go to the trouble of doing it only to find the spacers still aren't quite thick enough.

Fitting rubber steering stops to the coilover support legs is the best answer for this problem, and easier / cheaper than making spacers.
            Regards from Oz,
            John.

Comment

k, i'll take a look at that tomorrow, my car is still on the liftcause i have to replace the shifter cables. thanks for all your help!

Comment

Working...
              X