Need help with finding wheel locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with finding wheel locks

Im currently riding on 10th anniversary stock wheels with open end acorn lugnuts OEM.

I have a set of racing hart type c2 that i want to install, only if i can get some wheel locks. The lugnuts on the car right now would fit with no issue, but closed end, or tuner lugs wont work as the rims have a center piece that covers the lugnuts before the center cap goes on.

I think i confused you this far, but lets have some picture to help get the idea out there:

My current lugnuts:

The rims:

I do have a set of wheel locks, but they are closed end and are longer causing me to not be able to install the center cap pieces.

So my real question is really for someone to shine some light on me and point me in the right direction.

Where and what type of wheel lock can i get that would still be short like my OEM ones so i can have locks on my rims?
    TIA

MRT

there are several brands out there but the ones i have personally used are gorilla and muteki. be careful though because the cheaper ones out there will mess up the threads on your studs when torqued down.

Edit: you can find some here http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...g_nuts/muteki/
    Last edited by sikz6; 03-02-2011, 01:09 AM.

Click picture to see my mrt
    Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Well fitment is the issue here. If the lugnuts are too long, i cannot put on the center cap, exposing my lugnuts.
      I was looking a Mcgard, but their website says the set i wanted wouldn't fit on OEM wheels.

The racing hart type c2 were able to use the OEM open end lugs for the OEM wheels.t

Thats where i get lost.

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by daovangphotos View Post
        Well fitment is the issue here. If the lugnuts are too long, i cannot put on the center cap, exposing my lugnuts.
        I was looking a Mcgard, but their website says the set i wanted wouldn't fit on OEM wheels.

The racing hart type c2 were able to use the OEM open end lugs for the OEM wheels.t

Thats where i get lost.
        the gorilla were oem size. not extended lugnuts, same with muteki

did you look at the lugs on the link i posted? the muteki open ended locking lugs at the top of the page are pretty short.
        these:

ones that are like the ones further down, are typically longer and you'll run into problem with your wheels.

these:
        Last edited by sikz6; 03-02-2011, 01:36 AM.

Comment

basically the ones in the first pic i posted are like the ones you have now, but they are locking

Comment

OEM locks would probably work as well

Comment

I was just looking to pick up 1 lock per wheel, not 20 lugs. Better a suggestion of anything at all than not getting any replies. Thanks guys, for helping out, but i still havent decided on what i want yet, lol.

MRT

Comment

Working...
              X