Originally posted by Sordz View Post
    What is this tool please explain?
    Jay
    HondaLina
    91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
      This is a good idea as well.
      I'm assuming that's what the locks look like.. I don't even like that style though.. meh, looks like trouble waiting to happen.
      92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
      2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
      2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_JAY91 View Post

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
        I'm assuming that's what the locks look like..
        Naw bro thats a twist socket used to remove lock lugs.

Thats actually probably your best bet bro. Pick up a set of twist sockets and do what it do.
        Last edited by HardInThePaint; 02-22-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

That looks like the HARDER wheel lock design to get off, mine looks EXTREMELY more simple.. This may not be so hard after all, Eric the car guy says use a 12 Point!!
          Jay
          HondaLina
          91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Naw bro thats a twist socket used to remove lock lugs.

Thats actually probably your best bet bro. Pick up a set of twist sockets and do what it do.
            oh okay I've never had wheel locks or anything so.. yeah. haha
            92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
            2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Its how you will get the wheel locks off. Check out this thread-

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=49125

Comment

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
                Its how you will get the wheel locks off. Check out this thread-

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=49125
                Cool, I'll hit up the store tomorrow for that part, and I will deffinately try Eric The Car Guys way..

Thanks for the help and suggestion guys! Appreciate it!
                Jay
                HondaLina
                91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Cool, I'll hit up the store tomorrow for that part, and I will deffinately try Eric The Car Guys way..[/B]
                  Either one of these methods and you should be able to get the locks off. Personally I would use the twist sockets because they are specifically designed for removing lock lugs but the other method should work as well.

Comment

Either one of these methods and you should be able to get the locks off. Personally I would use the twist sockets because they are specifically designed for removing lock lugs but the other method should work as well.
                    I'm gonna buy the tool regardless. LOL, I'm gonna keep that in my socket set and very close by, this completely scared the piss out of me. Fortunately its alot easier then I thought, and I should have all these ugly wheels off tomorrow

Thanks again
                    Jay
                    HondaLina
                    91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

I don't have a camera, and for the moment I can't get my hands on one. That is the style locknut I have on my car. Its the best I can do to ask my next question.

http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-3...ype=SKIP_LEVEL

That is the socket I was thinking of ordering incase Eric The Car Guy's way doesn't work.. would that peice basically force a new set of teeth into the locknut forcing it out? I just don't get it, and I wanna make sure I'm buying the right kit.
                      Jay
                      HondaLina
                      91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Basically, a twist socket (the same basic shit as the Craftsman kit in that link you posted) works similar to how a reverse threaded drill bit works. You twist one of those remover sockets on the damaged lug or lock lug. You then connect it to a breaker bar (or impact wrench) or something with leverage and as you apply pressure to it, them twisty looking teeth inside them sockets grab the lug in the reverse direction you apply pressure in. So basically, when you turn the lug wrench counter clockwise (the direction to remove the lug) the teeth bit down clockwise. The more pressure you apply, the harder it bits down and the more success you will have removing the damaged lug...

So to answer your question, yes you are buying the correct shit.

Comment

Basically, a twist socket (the same basic shit as the Craftsman kit in that link you posted) works similar to how a reverse threaded drill bit works. You twist one of those remover sockets on the damaged lug or lock lug. You then connect it to a breaker bar (or impact wrench) or something with leverage and as you apply pressure to it, them twisty looking teeth inside them sockets grab the lug in the reverse direction you apply pressure in. So basically, when you turn the lug wrench counter clockwise (the direction to remove the lug) the teeth bit down clockwise. The more pressure you apply, the harder it bits down and the more success you will have removing the damaged lug...

So to answer your question, yes you are buying the correct shit.
                          Case closed.

Thanks, big time lol.
                          Jay
                          HondaLina
                          91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

The tool above is a wheel lock removal tool or bolt extractor. It tightens up when loosening, what I would do is wait till you find the right tool or drive to a tire shop with the tool and pay to remove the lug nuts off. I usually tap the wheel lock remover with a hammer and slowly loosen it with a breaker bar then finish off with an impact gun. If you keep messing with it you're going to have to cut the lugs and studs off and replace Kore thanwhat you needed
                            Last edited by mitsubishiv5; 02-24-2013, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mitsubishiv5 View Post
                              The tool above is a wheel lock removal tool or bolt extractor. It tightens up when loosening, what I would do is wait till you find the right tool or drive to a tire shop with the tool and pay to remove the lug nuts off. I usually tap the wheel lock remover with a hammer and slowly loosen it with a breaker bar then finish off with an impact gun. If you keep messing with it you're going to have to cut the lugs and studs off and replace Kore thanwhat you needed
                              I haven't touched it yet, but I think I'll do that instead lol.
                              Jay
                              HondaLina
                              91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

That looks like the HARDER wheel lock design to get off, mine looks EXTREMELY more simple.. This may not be so hard after all, Eric the car guy says use a 12 Point!!
                                I have done this. It works.

Try using a slightly smaller socket, or even an imperial socket, as long as it is a 12 point, or a good snug fit on a 6 point. Hammer it on, try and get it off. If you are successful, it will be time consuming to hammer the nut out of the socket each time, but hopefully it will work.

Cutting the nuts off would be a last resort. Also, you can try with a dremel to grind a slot in them, so that you can get a screwdriver or something flat into the slot and hammer on it to break it loose. I've done that before. Wasn't fun, but it worked.

I also have one of those extractor socket kits, but none of the ones I have are large enough for wheel nuts. They've worked great on smaller bolts I've needed them for.
                                Best of luck.
                                Last edited by crazymikey; 02-24-2013, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X