Wheel lock screwed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    I also have one of those extractor socket kits, but none of the ones I have are large enough for wheel nuts.
    I doubt that is the case with these. I don't see something specifically designed to remove lug nuts not being large enough to fit over a lug nut.

Comment

I have a Mastercraft set of extractor sockets. I think 18mm is the largest one that came in the kit. Ranging from 8mm to 18mm I beleive, there's only about 8 sockets in the kit that I have.

Comment

Is it an extractor set specifically designed to remove lug nuts?

Comment

Are those SPLINE type wheel fasteners?
          Never did like that style lug nut, especially if they are aluminum.

I know you purchased/got your car way, but who the fuck needs 16 wheel locks? Overkill.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

I have a Mastercraft set of extractor sockets. I think 18mm is the largest one that came in the kit. Ranging from 8mm to 18mm I beleive, there's only about 8 sockets in the kit that I have.
            Where did you get your kit from? I've been looking all over. I went to Sears, Canadian Tire, Princess auto.. None of them have it in stock, lol.
            Jay
            HondaLina
            91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

I personally would hit up a pawn shop and buy some random shitty sockets 1 size smaller, in 12pt.

Beat those bitches on with a 2lb sledge, and then turn off your lugs. Socket might be ruined after 1 lug, might get 3-4 off with 1 socket. I use this approach regularly.

Ruine a socket that costs .50 vs buying a kit thats $45 and might not work. My input anyways.

Every paw shop in town has a bin of random sockets, and they are generally .50-$1/each
              Originally posted by wed3k
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

for the locks pictured in the link, youi could use a 3/8 extention and a socket wrench. it fits perfect and come off like it the extention was a key. i was shown that when i bought a car with those "tuner" locks and worked without a problem every time
                FRIENDS
                DONT LET
                FRIENDS
                ROLL ON
                ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                  I personally would hit up a pawn shop and buy some random shitty sockets 1 size smaller, in 12pt.

Beat those bitches on with a 2lb sledge, and then turn off your lugs. Socket might be ruined after 1 lug, might get 3-4 off with 1 socket. I use this approach regularly.

Ruine a socket that costs .50 vs buying a kit thats $45 and might not work. My input anyways.

Every paw shop in town has a bin of random sockets, and they are generally .50-$1/each
                  +1 for this idea. it is what i would do!
                  visit vgruk

Comment

Just wait for the right tool. The right tool makes every job easier.speaking from experience hut wtf do I know?

Comment

Ruine a socket that costs .50 vs buying a kit thats $45 and might not work.
                      Thats why you buy it, use it, then return it.

I don't know, the pawn shop method sounds good and all but he could potentially have to go through 16 sockets in order to get the shit done. Not to mention having to run around a bunch of pawn shops collecting 16 sockets...

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                        Is it an extractor set specifically designed to remove lug nuts?
                        No, just general nuts and bolts. Who has a 10mm lug nut?

Comment

No, just general nuts and bolts. Who has a 10mm lug nut?
                          Well, nobody I would assume. But you mentioned your extractor set didn't fit any of your lugs and I was wondering if your set was specific to lug nuts or not...

My point was, if the OP got an extractor set designed for lugs then I highly doubt he would have any problems with the sockets not being big enough.

Comment

Yeah, if he had a proper sized one, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

However, with the lugs he has, I don't see why a tight fitting 12pt won't get them off, even if they are rounded now. Once you get it broken loose, it's easy from there.

Comment

Maybe its just the local pawn shops, but they have like 30 gallon rubermaid totes full of random sockets. No way you would need to visit more than one shop.

The method really does work. Its a pain in the ass, but if you have no other options for getting a bolt off that is rounded, it really does work. Generally ruines sockets, but who cares. I use a press punch when I smash the socket on so that square that you insert the ratchet into actually stays square.
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

The method really does work. Its a pain in the ass, but if you have no other options for getting a bolt off that is rounded, it really does work.
                                No, I believe you I'm sure it works. I was just saying, collecting all the sockets and shit might not be happening. The OP live in Canada so I don't know if there is a lot of pawn shops there or how they even operate.

But if he can end up finding 16 sockets at a one or two pawn shops then I say go for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X