4 lug vs 5 lug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 lug vs 5 lug

man im thinking this is a repeat thread ..but what are the advantages or disadvantages of havin a 5 lug than 4 lug??

5 lug has better choices for wheels. possibly stronger, im guessin, although i would think that the more choices would be the number one reason for switching. just my $.02

Comment

5 lug = heavier because you have 1 extra lugnut and 1 extra stud lol
      For Sale:
      itr mid pipe = $80 + shiping
      tr injen sri $80 + shipping

(2) Eibach ERS 600x2.5x600 = $80shipped in US

Comment

5 lug = More work changing tire.

Comment

5 lug= more nuts holding on the wheel. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

5 lugs just give more wheel choices. I was considering doing a full 5 lug swap on my cb7, but it would be better/easier to just do the rotor over hub conversion and call it a day. The extra lug really won't make a difference in holding the wheel down.

Comment

5 lug makes no difference really you could drive around on 3 lugs and get away with it wouldnt recogmend it but you can.
              My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                5 lug has better choices for wheels. possibly stronger, im guessin, although i would think that the more choices would be the number one reason for switching. just my $.02

Originally posted by i97supratti
                5 lugs just give more wheel choices. I was considering doing a full 5 lug swap on my cb7, but it would be better/easier to just do the rotor over hub conversion and call it a day. The extra lug really won't make a difference in holding the wheel down.
                i've found that if you search and/or are willing to spend some money, there are quite a few wheels that are available in both 4 and 5 lug varieties. the key is one has to look in the right place (i.e. talk to the right people).

so, in short, for your online stores/nationwide tire/rim places, yes there is a larger variety of 5-lug wheels.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

5 lug on our cars is just something that people do that is a very subtle difference that requires a lot more work that it seems, and it is only appreciated by people who would know the difference. i don't think people really do it for rim choises, you can find anything you want in any pattern really. it's more for the personal satisfaction of having something almost no one has on our cars. and it's really cool when someone else notices and makes it all worth it.

Comment

well when i wanted to upgrade my suspension, i also wanted to upgrade my brakes. i had the 4th gen lude vtec calipers and needed. rear discs and the rotor over hub application.

well when i had the opportunity to buy a prelude shell i parted it out and took that 5lug and wheels. so what a better way to upgrade then to just keep my 4lug. so i did.

i didnt take it to a shop. it was all done by me with a help of my few friends. i also did it because its the newest fad lol. and ever since i met J which is typesbaby's bf. in etown i wanted it bad. so there you have it

i also love the 5lug rims out there and the respect of honda enthusiats that notice it.

Comment

here is my story: i did it because of the hype! LOL jk

i consider myself to be a shoe whore, although my collection doesn't reflect it that much. IMO, what really drives the total look to a car is its wheels. and if the feet can't fit some really neato-sick-i-just-wet-my-pants HOT set of shoes, i'd cry. hence the 5-lug convo. i'm still on the hunt for some better heat for the feet! mugen maybe?

it was also a plus to swap to rear disc, rotor-over-hub, bigger front brakes, and better overall performance from a 5-lug setup; all by my bare hands. thank you hands! plus i know a heck of a lot of info on suspension and brakes on our cars now to share to the rest of you, the home viewers.
                      1cor10:31
                      - 92 LX coupe
                      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

When I had my cb7, I decided to goto 5-lug simply because I fell in love the the idea of having TL wheels. Also, having rotor over hub is so much easier doing the brakes. Last but not least, seperates you from the 4 lug cb7's.

Comment

Working...
                        X