16" vs 17"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16" vs 17"

what is the best look and size of rims for accord's?

if u can post u wheels and let me know what size.

what offset accord have?
    lug pattern 4x114.3?
    16"
    46.43%
    17"
    53.57%
    Last edited by truejdm; 02-27-2006, 01:54 PM.

I dont have any pics but i have 17's and i love them. I had 18's but tires were more expensive and couldnt get any milage from them. The 17's are still big enough and the tires are a lot cheaper. Basically it boils down to preference and what the wheel you want comes in.
    1991 Black Accord Coupe
    Sprint Lowering Springs
    Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
    Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
    17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
    TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Comment

I personally would prefer 15's or 16's. I don't really see the point of dropping a car 2-3 inches, losing the stock 14's or 15's and putting 17's or 18's on the car, raising it back up the 2-3 inches, that's just me though. The point of a drop, to me, is to lower the center of gravity for better handling, sure you may have a stiffer ride, but all in all the center of gravity is the same. When I do my drop I'll be sticking with my 14's, or some nice 15's with some real sticky rubber. It's all personal preference though.
      Coming soon....

Comment

[/QUOTE] the wheel you want comes in.[/QUOTE]

rota torque:17"

rota grid:16" or 17"

rota gt3:16"

spun super mesh: 16" dont know if they make 4x114.3

Last edited by truejdm; 02-27-2006, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sthrnba711
          I dont have any pics but i have 17's and i love them. I had 18's but tires were more expensive and couldnt get any milage from them. The 17's are still big enough and the tires are a lot cheaper. Basically it boils down to preference and what the wheel you want comes in.
          If you size the tires correctly, it will produce no change in ride height...

Order of preference on a CB7 in order to maintain the same overall diameter of the stock 15's:

205/45 17

215/40 17

215/45 17

205/40 17 ==> may result in bent wheels

Besides, a 17 generally is available with widths that are rarer or at least more expensive for 15" and the lower sidwall, makes for a stiffer tire, and better handling in most cases.

The main disadvantage to larger wheels is that unless you are willing to spend some real cash, you will generally end up with a tire wheel combo that is much heavier than stock. This negatively affects handling, acceleration.

I have a set of forged 17's that only weigh 3lbs each more, mounted with tires, than stock wheels and tires. I have 20mm greater section width though, which increases traction significantly.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

weds sport racing wheels

Comment

Originally posted by truejdm
              what is the best look and size of rims for accord's?

if u can post u wheels and let me know what size.

what offset accord have?
              lug pattern 4x114.3?

Honestly it depends but in my opinion 16" is the best. Best for traction when you need it and also its stylish....Damn i need to get some 16" myself.
              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
              ....................My New Baby
              SOLD TO
              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

I like 17's the best as far as looks go. The 18's look to large IMO, and the problem with 16's or 15's is that you have to lower the car to much to eliminate the wheel gap. This is good for handling ofcource, but to much trouble for a daily driver with speed bumps and pot holes to dodge.

My swap thread
                Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

if i had to do it again, i probably would have stuck with 15s for performance reasons.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I love my 15's cause I keep'em clean. Those that go bigger more power to ya cant knock someones style at all
                    WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

I like the 17's wit the 215/45/17 tires.
                      Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

what is wrong with you people 15",16" those are way too small. right now i have 17" with 205/40/17 and it is lowered 2 1/4" and the tire gap is too big, 18" would make the gap smaller because there is an extra inch. im totally gonna get 18" or maybe even 19".

Comment

Jesus Christ, Cisco already explained how a larger wheel doesn't mean the overall tire wheel combo will be larger!
                          Your 205/40/17 combo is 23.45" and you're wondering about gap? You're missing about 1/3 inch between top of tire and fender. The stock 185/70-14 is about 24.2"
                          And, if you get a 18" wheel that doesn't mean your whole wheel will be 4 inches larger. Now you can play with sidewall combinations to get a slighter smaller or larger wheel to maybe fill in small fender gaps or to fool around with your accceleration and vehicle speedometer for some reason.

I think 16" are the best looking for our older cars and still not that expensive for tire and wheel choices. If your car is decked out 17" might look right or maybe you have a big brake kit or want sicker handling. Better get a light weight wheel though.
                          You know, NycXeracer has the 5th gen 15inchers and they look great on his car. I think it all depends on how the rest of your car flows.
                          Last edited by uslspct; 03-22-2006, 01:35 AM.
                          Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                          -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                          MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

i recently (last week) bough a set of wheel for my car. Originally i was gonna get some 16" wheels but decided to go with the 17s. I'm not really worried too much about the weight of the wheel cause i dont go to the track and im not trying to build the fastest car. i Just think that the 17s would look better and that why i bought them. I didnt buy tires yet but i plan on getting some 215 45 17s cause i want some rubber around my rims cause driving in nyc isnt exactly smooth sailing.

Comment

15'' 16'' enkie rpf1's

[IMG]enkei_wheel_rpf1_(silver)_angle_zoom.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                              X