No announcement yet.

tire psi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stock setup for my 92 lx is 185s on the 14" steelies. Placard says 29PSI all around. My winter tires are the stock size running on the steelies, and I'm running about 30-31 all around. I tried 32, but its too harsh. I'll probably stick with 30 all around.

My summer tires are 205s on 15" prelude wheels. I was running them at 36-38 PSI (44 max) but I'm going to try 24 next summer. Ride was a bit harsh.
    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
      i used to work for discount tire and we always set low pro tires 17 in and above to about 35 psi. if they are stock wheels and tires, then just go by what the sticker says on the door or the door pillar. Accords should be 32psi. Also do NOT exceed the max psi on the tire, that can cause a blowout and/or tread separations at high speed. But running 32-35 psi on our cars is usually whats recommended or suitable.
      he took the words right out of my mouth i run 35psi in my tires 225/35yr18. even when i ran 215/35wr18 or 205/40zr17 was 35psi.

Comment

Not advised to go for anything other then the psi it says on the door/car. Tire would say the max psi.

Comment

32 psi....

Comment

Working...
          X