skinny drag tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skinny drag tires?

i know one can buy the actual skinny drag rims but is there any other option like a 14" steelie with the skinniest tire or like a spare with a dot approved tire?
    just throwing some dieas out there.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Your only throwing on skinnies for the rear right? The biggest concern about going smaller is the clearance for the rotor/caliper. you can purchase drag rims. You can get a 14" steelie and it should go over the stock brakes no problem. But you want something with more rubber in the front and something less in the back to decrease the weight. Why most people run skinnies. Less rotating mass.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Your only throwing on skinnies for the rear right? The biggest concern about going smaller is the clearance for the rotor/caliper. you can purchase drag rims. You can get a 14" steelie and it should go over the stock brakes no problem. But you want something with more rubber in the front and something less in the back to decrease the weight. Why most people run skinnies. Less rotating mass.
      yea, also less friction on the ground. [rear tires]
      I <3 G60.

Comment

You can run steelies from an LX or DX Wagon, as they are 15's.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom
          You can run steelies from an LX or DX Wagon, as they are 15's.
          15 inch steelies weight more than a 14" steelie i would have to assume.
          plus i already have a 14" steelie, unless of course the 14 inchers do not fit the rear disc brake swap.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
          X