OBDII H22 problems help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBDII H22 problems help.

Alright well here's the scoop.. my buddie from back home wasn't thinking that well and bought a 97 H22A on i whim cuz his motor blew so i went home on leave and tried to help him swap it.. here's where we got and i'll tell you the whole story..
    So we swapped it and wired up the tranny and everything.. we swapped the Distributor for an 93 H23 distro and used the F22 fuel rail and harness.. now we didn't add any wires yet and i know you have to add some but i have no clue which wires or what.. thing is im out of state now so im trying to relay everything over the phone for him cuz he don't have internet at home so he can't come on here and ask..
    Here's what is going on now.. we tried to match up wires and such but there are still like three plugs around the intake area where no plugs match up to it or better yet not enough plugs on the F22 harness..
    someone i don' know who but they told him he needed to get an OBDI throttle body for the plugs but i have no idea if they know what they are talking about..
    Now we did not get new injectors he used the original OBDII injectors so i don't know if that could cause a problem but i believe i read that you need to use OBDI injectors but i am not sure..
    Now as of right now it will fire and run but it idles between 500 and 1500 up and down constantly so i am stumped..
    I am posting because he just called me saying how much he was frustrated about people back home not helping him and he said he was close to just selling the motor and starting over again.. i pretty much said hold your horses ill post on cb7tuner and see what the masters have to say.
    Thanks guys
    R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
    CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
    Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

with my OBD2 motor I added/modified a few plugs.

one I remember was on the front of the F motor there was an extra sensor where the upper radiator hose went to on the engine. so I took off that hose connector & swapped it for the H's. so now the H had that upper hose connector w/sensor

discribe the plus that you have left over

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

hey ive just done the h22 obd2 swap but convert to obd1 im sure it will start it usually does ... tell your bro to recheck everything ....but you need to and a few plugs and extend wires ... dont sweat it dude the whole cb7tuners got ya back on this one ...

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

Are there any CEL? He should pull them The obvious ones should pop up such as KS, VTEC pressure and oil. Those should be the main ones since you havent wired those up. I would try adjusting the FITV underneath the throttle body. Its easy just uncap the screw side and turn that plastic cap down inside until it bottoms out. Another thing you can do while your at it is pull the IACV and clean it out. If its firing I am assuming you guys got the injectors right as I recall obd2 injectors dont use a resistor box so if you wire them in you bypass it. But I would double check that to make sure. Anyway is he running an obd1 ecu?

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
          Are there any CEL? He should pull them The obvious ones should pop up such as KS, VTEC pressure and oil. Those should be the main ones since you havent wired those up. I would try adjusting the FITV underneath the throttle body. Its easy just uncap the screw side and turn that plastic cap down inside until it bottoms out. Another thing you can do while your at it is pull the IACV and clean it out. If its firing I am assuming you guys got the injectors right as I recall obd2 injectors dont use a resistor box so if you wire them in you bypass it. But I would double check that to make sure. Anyway is he running an obd1 ecu?

I dont think it will even start if he had the OBD2. sence they have that imobilizer thing.

& what do you mean bypass the resistor? I thought you just had to keep that unplugged?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            actually i believe he is using the ECU that came with the motor

CG Coupe!

Comment

alright well im still waiting on him to tell me how many open plugs he has but i believe there might be 4?

CG Coupe!

Comment

Usually 4 I think one of them is for the DLC which is something our accords dont have. Some dude in cali has a working obd2 swap in obd2 form. A lot of people just convert it to obd1.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yea thats what im trying to figure out

CG Coupe!

Comment

I have an ob2 in my cb7 but I didn't do the swap so I couldn't tell you. Sorry, not much help here.

Comment

ok . lol the swap went wel codes are cleared but ... nagging problem .. on tart up the motor runs fine and warm up nicely too after 30 mins the engine starts to jerk slightly and gradually builds up until its becomes more jerky and then dies . try starting it up again it just shakes , struggles as if the plugs wire are wrongly connected i inspected the plugs no-1 not burning well ... the rest are ok ... what could be the rewason why this is happening

i notice the back up fuse was blown as i mention earlier in another thread. i replace back up fuse which killed both of my p13 ...ecu 's ...any reason why this is people ??

Comment

Originally posted by ukaccord92
                        ok . lol the swap went wel codes are cleared but ... nagging problem .. on tart up the motor runs fine and warm up nicely too after 30 mins the engine starts to jerk slightly and gradually builds up until its becomes more jerky and then dies . try starting it up again it just shakes , struggles as if the plugs wire are wrongly connected i inspected the plugs no-1 not burning well ... the rest are ok ... what could be the rewason why this is happening

i notice the back up fuse was blown as i mention earlier in another thread. i replace back up fuse which killed both of my p13 ...ecu 's ...any reason why this is people ??

ecu fuse blowing is almost allways loose ground connections.
                        FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                        My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

im curious , since ive conveted the 0b2 - 0bd1 shouldnt i be using the obd1 map sensor insted of the obd2 ? ive notice starting up from cold the engine revs jump slightly from 11 - 12,000 rpm a few times then continue to idle as normal until warm .. im thinking im using the wrong map sensor for the obd1 p13 ecu is this possible .. the obd1 reads ps31 while the 0bd2 reads ps30.

Comment

The firing order was all wrong. He has the plug that goes to the tps plugged into the map... He's trying to use the odb2 ecu after converting everything to odb1.. I assume this is Adam were talking about? Not to mention he's also doing the wire tuck at the same time.. Honestly I cant make heads or tails out of the thing as it sets.. I never hear it idle. It will start then misses like a mofo crackin and popin like you would not believe. It sounds like the timing belt slipped a few teeth.

Comment

yea me personally i believe he shouldn't have wire tucked it yet and it actually idled when i left in march i dunno if he messed with it and messed it up glad you looked at it

CG Coupe!

Comment

Working...
                              X