Is this a Fair Price for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a Fair Price for me?

I am buying a m2b4 transmission, and someone has one locally (3hour Drive Locally) ordered from osaka, mated to the block, and said he will sell for 800 outright. Think this is a decent deal?

Depends on the condition. But unfortunately there;s no way of knowing the condition without installing it and driving. But yeah, that sounds about right for a good M2B4. I would wonder why he spent the extra money for an LSD tranny if wasn't going to use it... Or at least why he's selling it.
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

he is actually selling the whole swap and i just need the tranny so i asked if he would part it out... He says he ordered it new from osakamotors, and hasnt ever installed it, and sold the car it was for. IM figuring money got tight for him after all his loans.

Comment

I guess I would consider it. If there IS a problem with the tranny, I guess you could call him up and see if he can get the place he bought it from to replace it...

Go for it! I'm just a bit cynical about used transmissions.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Who isnt? I already asked him like twice to make sure there is no grinds and stuff, but he couldnt give me an answer cuz its never been in a car of his before.

Comment

for $800 its a better price then $1000 from importers.. however is the ride worth it?

Comment

Ill be going up there for other reasons anyway. So yes it would be worth it, and after I spend another 549 for a 4.64 final drive, and another 600ish for a clutch and lighten flywheel I think about 2,500 when its all said in done it should shave some secs off my time slip.

Comment

^MFactory?

Comment

Working...
                X