i need an opinion with buying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need an opinion with buying.

i have found a H22 with everything but the head for 400.00 and i have found a h23 full motor with 180k miles for 450.00 are either of these a good buy? neither have ecus or wiring.

I am aiming more tward the h22 but i also want to know what else i will need to buy to make the motor ready to drop.. like do the cams come with a rebuilt head?

Thanks for any help

not bad if its local, & if they are in good condition

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Jpluck09 View Post
      i have found a H22 with everything but the head for 400.00 and i have found a h23 full motor with 180k miles for 450.00 are either of these a good buy? neither have ecus or wiring.

I am aiming more tward the h22 but i also want to know what else i will need to buy to make the motor ready to drop.. like do the cams come with a rebuilt head?

Thanks for any help
      you need the head. The block is worthless without it.
      "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
      sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
      Did work for: jhoff_cb7
      Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

^yes i know that lol. im just debating weather its worth it or not because 400 for the block and 200-300 for the head.

Comment

also depends on how much your willing to spend on replacing seals and gaskets. remember an h22 headgasket runs 80$ or more. definatly more if OEM

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

felpro makes good head gaskets the one I got for the f22a was WAY thicker than the oem one we took off. I say go for the block and just replace everything while its appart then you can start searching for a head. The h23 has too many miles on it for my liking. But good luck with whatever you decide.
            F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
            My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
            Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Working...
            X