h22 head on f22 question!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 head on f22 question!!!!

Ok guys what do you think? this guy is selling me his fully built h22a head, with performance valve springs, cams, etc all aftermarket stuff and its a 95 h22 fully built head. for $400..but my question is...is it worth the price? And one of the major things i want to know is if i put this h22 head on my f22, will it hit "vtec" with proper tuning and ecu?? just curious and sorry for the noob question, i just want to learn lol''

bump
    Last edited by pedroalcala; 08-04-2009, 01:06 AM.

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
    Ok guys what do you think? this guy is selling me his fully built h22a head, with performance valve springs, cams, etc all aftermarket stuff and its a 95 h22 fully built head. for $400..but my question is...is it worth the price? And one of the major things i want to know is if i put this h22 head on my f22, will it hit "vtec" with proper tuning and ecu?? just curious and sorry for the noob question, i just want to learn lol''

bump
    bump

Comment

Well you need to search. Also get more details about the head. Saying it is built tells us nothing. What exact parts were used. The price seems low to me considering cams for the H22 go for around 6. I say just keep you F the way it is. With the H22 head on a F22A block you get even lower compression than you do stock. (8.8:1 stock which is low, but great for boost) Searching would have answered most of these questions, check out the G22/G23 thread, that just so happens to be in this section.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
      "The Turtle"
      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post

bump
        Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
        Well you need to search. Also get more details about the head. Saying it is built tells us nothing. What exact parts were used. The price seems low to me considering cams for the H22 go for around 6. I say just keep you F the way it is. With the H22 head on a F22A block you get even lower compression than you do stock. (8.8:1 stock which is low, but great for boost) Searching would have answered most of these questions, check out the G22/G23 thread, that just so happens to be in this section.
        X2, What brand performance springs, cams etc?
        More details are really necessary to know if it's worth it.
        Most people would call a stage1 cam regrind "performance cams".
        Weather they are or not would then depend on WHO did the regrind and to what spec.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
        X