5-lug conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5-lug conversion

i picked up a 97-01 prelude front complete spindels and the rear arms with the e brake cables. oh i got the rims and tires too. now will it be a easy swap? i've read that i need the drivers shaft cause it's longer and type-r rear rotors? if im replacing the whole thing i'm guessing its a direct bolt on am i correct? thanks for any input....

Originally posted by maney77 View Post
    i picked up a 97-01 prelude front complete spindels and the rear arms with the e brake cables. oh i got the rims and tires too. now will it be a easy swap? i've read that i need the drivers shaft cause it's longer and type-r rear rotors? if im replacing the whole thing i'm guessing its a direct bolt on am i correct? thanks for any input....
    You have to ream out the lower control arm hole for the ball joint 2mm larger diameter I believe.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

yea i heard that. know i also read that i got to switch over my tie rods from left to right and put them facing down, is that also true?

Comment

Originally posted by maney77 View Post
        yea i heard that. know i also read that i got to switch over my tie rods from left to right and put them facing down, is that also true?

use prelude ones the accords do not hold properly.
        Click here to see why my signature was deleted.

Comment

update us with pictures? I would like to see please
          www.stl-imports.com

Referral: crx08

support the import community

Comment

Why are we going through this crap?
            98-02 front knuckles are a perfect bolt on procedure....

Buy lude rear spindles and 98-02 Accord rotors fit the front and rear perfectly

I have a set of 97-01 knuckles.....they are still catching rust.
            Your man for wiring solutions!
            CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
            CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

idk why people like using prelude parts for. its way too much hassle imo

i have everything odyssey up front, install took me 45 minutes for both sides, smooth as butter

in the rear all you have to use is prelude hubs, and type r rotors which is again super easy to install

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post
                idk why people like using prelude parts for. its way too much hassle imo

i have everything odyssey up front, install took me 45 minutes for both sides, smooth as butter

in the rear all you have to use is prelude hubs, and type r rotors which is again super easy to install
                ive been hearing more and more about just needing the Prelude Hubs and Type-Rotors... since when? is there a write up on this somewhere?

is this how you did ur wagon? any info would be great since i am shopping for the parts for 5 lug! thanks in advance
                " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

There are good write ups in the DIY section on 5-luggin.

Oddy stuff is a bolt up in front because 1st gen oddys use the exact same front knuckles as the 90-97 Accord.
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                    There are good write ups in the DIY section on 5-luggin.

Oddy stuff is a bolt up in front because 1st gen oddys use the exact same front knuckles as the 90-97 Accord.
                    yea ive read up on all the DIY.. but i was under the impression we need a couple more things to do the prelude way. But people have been saying to just get the prelude Hubs and Type R rotors.. nothing else! so i am wondering how and etc.
                    " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

Originally posted by AlmightyAccord View Post
                      ive been hearing more and more about just needing the Prelude Hubs and Type-Rotors... since when? is there a write up on this somewhere?

is this how you did ur wagon? any info would be great since i am shopping for the parts for 5 lug! thanks in advance
                      exactly how i did my wagon and my boys cb

i just noticed you are from jersey, i would be more than willing to give you a hand and show you how its done

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post
                        exactly how i did my wagon and my boys cb

i just noticed you are from jersey, i would be more than willing to give you a hand and show you how its done
                        Do you have a complete parts list so that I can check out price? Thanks

Comment

front
                          95-98 front odyssey knuckles complete from ball joint to ball joint

rear
                          97-01 prelude rear hubs (non sh model)
                          97-01 integra type r rear rotors

that is assuming you already have rear disc brakes on your cb. if not then you will have to do a rear disc swap first
                          Last edited by cb7dazz; 02-03-2010, 01:55 PM.

Comment

so not even if i use the rear break assembly. as far as the whole setup that bolts up to the trailing arm.. its just like a waste of money buying all that rear break setup just for the hub and not able to use the rotor or caliper... i've been looking at diagrams of the rear arms and they look like they fit but i'll be doing this weekend so if it fits i'll post it..

Comment

thats why i bought the rear hubs brand new

Comment

Working...
                              X