manual trasmission bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manual trasmission bracket

help . i need another opinion before welding this bracket im place . ive been given a measure to work with i need this confirmed over again ...so if theres anyone here who has the time to measure up the distance and get back to me with the figure. so far i was told and shown its 12inches ...can some confirm this ?
    peace n love

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

i found a picture in another member's Ride(plee3) thread where he measured the distance from the radiator core support to where each bracket was and will be.

It is a lot more exact because you would have been off by a quarter of an inch if you didn't ask again.

Comment

thats true ok so im about to do the weld but before i do i must point out that i'll using the mig welder. the battery is disconnected anyting else i need to know ? in term of grounding will this affect the electrical system in any way ?

Comment

sorry man i don't know anything about welding. I used the ESP conversion mount to avoid welding.

Comment

Originally posted by ukaccord92 View Post
          thats true ok so im about to do the weld but before i do i must point out that i'll using the mig welder. the battery is disconnected anyting else i need to know ? in term of grounding will this affect the electrical system in any way ?
          as long as the battery is discoed youll be fine just watch fuel lines since they are proximity

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

i just wanna say thanks to lueng and the rest of the gang who have assist me with the bracket info
            merry christmas !!

Comment

I hope that your swap is working out in your favor!I havent been on the site for a while The information below is correct. if you have more questions, feel free to hit me up!

The A/T bracket sits 13 3/4in from the core support. The M/T bracket sits 12 1/4in away from the core support. So the M/T bracket is mounted closer to the core support. Thats why the manual trans will not line up until the modifacation is performed.

Comment

Working...
              X