Innovative Motor Mount Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Innovative Motor Mount Question

Hey everyone. I ordered my Innovative Motor Mounts from swapshopracing.com and very pleased with the quality of the mounts. I got them very fast and got helpful service from Brian. I have an issue regarding the motor mount and how its positioned next to the stud. Its VERY close. I am worried about clearance of the stud and how it will connect to the frame of the car that bolts the mount through. Pictures below can show you what I am talking about.

My question is to anyone who has these mounts, is this normal and do you have to do a special technique to mount the motor in the car? To me this does seem right and it's very tight and looks like it would rub against the metal frame of the car that holds the mount.

Any info would be great. Thanks.
    Last edited by J-Tiki; 01-15-2011, 07:44 PM.
    '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

looks like its the proper ones . bolt them on and lets see a pic man .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

you can trim off some of the bolt there. but make sure you put the nut on before cutting.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

That thing is huge. Cut the studs down and bevel them, if not you'll gal the threads and thats never fun.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
        "The Turtle"
        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

I appreciate it. I knew it was going to be close, but not this close. I'll probably end up trimming the stud down a bit and figure out a different way to place the mount in the car while bolting to the engine. It just looks extremely tight.
          '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

That does look very tight, I filled a tranny mount w/ 94a and it ended up being sorta like that, had to shave the urethane back alittle bit.

Comment

The thing is, I don't want to shave anything off the mount. Suckers were not cheap. This mount is an alternative instead of drilling and tapping the tranny. I guess I will just have to see when the time comes during the swap of what will be the best option. I'm leaning towards trimming down the stud a bit, but leave enough to bolt down good and secure.
              '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

bumping this up. I'm looking at the Innovative H22 swap mounts for my car. Any updates on the install?
                -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

I'm curious about engine vibrations with these. I'll give my ESPs 1000 miles to break in and if they dont soften up by then I'm getting mounts with a softer polyurethane.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

How bad are your esp's

Comment

Bearable, but everything in the car is vibrating. Taking bumps at any speed isn't pretty.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                      X