H23A1 swap into 91 wagon..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23A1 swap into 91 wagon..

so I just picked up a lude with a nice H23A1 in it. Question is, with me buyin the complete running lude, do I have everything I need to swap it into the wagon? I have read over the swap quide an also printed it out too!! Loljust wanna make sure. Thanls!!

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by 90exkId View Post
      so I just picked up a lude with a nice H23A1 in it. Question is, with me buyin the complete running lude, do I have everything I need to swap it into the wagon? I have read over the swap quide an also printed it out too!! Loljust wanna make sure. Thanls!!
      if you printed out the swap guide to put an h in a cb, then you should be fine.
      MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

yes, as long as your wagon and the lude are both the same trans type (auto or manual)
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Ludes auto h23 but I have the 5 speed h23 m2s4 trans for it
          so ok cool im good.

Comment

does it matter the H23 is auto? cuz i have the 5 speed trans. my bro reminded me that wen we did his JDM D16A swap, he couldent use the JDM auto Intake manny cuz the plugs were different. but iim thinkin that since its not the JDM h23, i should be good? my wagon is 5 speed......
            thanks for the help, will be posting pics of the swap later on in my swap thread.

Comment

The H23 is in, but I ran into a prob, I have the f22a1 with internal coil, noe the H23 has external coil, I need to figure out what im supposed to do . I just need to get this figured out an its ready to start please help asap!

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX View Post
                Swap Faq's for the CB7

Internal/External Coil Issues:
                If your car came equipped with an internal coil then the JDM H22 distributor will plug right in no problem. However, if your car had external coil then you will have to modify one plug. The plug you will need to modify is the plug that went to the stock coil. There are is a yellow and a yellow/black wire, splice those 2 wires together. The Black/White wire is useless, don’t worry about it. If you dont want to cut the plug off and splice, jam a 30amp fuse into the end of the plug, making the connection between the two wires.

If your car is external coil and you wish to maintain the external coil you will need to open the JDM dizzy, remove the internal coil. Run the wire from the igniter that used to go to the internal coil out of the distributor and plug it into the blank spot on the distributor’s plug. That’s it. Use the 93-95 Prelude Vtec’s Distributor cap and rotor that you can pick-up and your local dealer or auto parts.

What caps to use:
                Internal coil – CB7 internal coil cap/rotor or 00 Civic SI cap/rotor.
                External coil – 93-95 Prelude Vtec cap/rotor.

Aftermarket Ignition amp install (MSD/Crane):
                For External Coil equipped cars:
                Cut the Plug that went to the stock coil off, splice the yellow and yellow/black
                wires together connect this wire to the ignition on of your aftermarket amp (red for MSD). Connect the Black/White wire to the Trigger input of your aftermarket amp (White on MSD).
                also,
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=coil+external

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
                Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

Im confused...... My wagon came with internal, so theres no plug for it, an its 5 speed. So I cut an splice those two wires together on the h23 dizzy an im good?

Comment

you'll prolly have to do what I have to.. there's a DIY on how to switch the h23's external to internal by gutting the cb7 dizzy and putting the ignition/cap/rotor into the h23 dizzy

edit. external to internal diy

im staying internal simply cus because it looks cleaner
                    Last edited by Freshagen; 07-23-2011, 04:50 PM.
                    Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

FINALLY!!!! DUDE THANKS SO MUCH!!!!! LIFE SAVER!!!! +1 FOR YOU

Comment

Should I use the auto lude ecu or my lx 5 speed ecu for now....?

Comment

Originally posted by 90exkId View Post
                          Should I use the auto lude ecu or my lx 5 speed ecu for now....?
                          Use the lude ecu. Make sure you ran wires for the knock and any other sensor you don't have on the f.

Comment

I tryed using the auto lude ecu an it makes my car run like crap. I put my manual accord one in an iy runs great. I didnt wire up a kncok sensor on my h23, everything plugged in perfect. Only have 1 cel, an thats for the auto yrans b circut, cuz I have the auto lude motor harness in it.

Comment

Also, since I have the 92 lude parts car, can I swap the rotors an brake pads onto my wagon.? Since they are brand new

Comment

Working...
                              X