91 accord h22 swap won't start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hondamanf22 View Post
    what ecu are you using and also have you checked your ecu fuses.

me and my brother inlaw had that same problem with his ecu not giving any spark but had fuel to the injectors and voltage at the coil but wouldn't send it through the cap and wire.I would try that and make sure that all your ecu plugs are pushed in correctly. hope you get it up and running.
    thanks. I'm pretty sure my ecu fuses are good. I'll double check. I'm running a p13 btw. did you do the same checks I did as far as voltage at the coil? it just seems like it's not sending through the cap n wire like you said.
    Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

editted first post**
      Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

do you have a multimeter?

Comment

what the voltage on your batt??? since this is a starting issue every components regarding the starting cycle needs to be examined. since i read thru and u did check alot of stuff other than the batt n starter u may may wanna check ur dizzy wiring harness inside of the cap..
          Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Tstat ground

I would peel this back some and sand and clean. correct me if im wrong but
            doesn't ground run back to the ecu.

Marry Jane

Comment

Originally posted by jdmwannabee View Post
              do you have a multimeter?
              yes i do

Tstat ground

I would peel this back some and sand and clean. correct me if im wrong but
              doesn't ground run back to the ecu.
              i'll try this

Originally posted by GearBangnAccord View Post
              what the voltage on your batt??? since this is a starting issue every components regarding the starting cycle needs to be examined. since i read thru and u did check alot of stuff other than the batt n starter u may may wanna check ur dizzy wiring harness inside of the cap..
              the wiring in the dizzy is good. soldered and shrinkwrapped. no cracked wires either.
              Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

swap out the ECU for a different one
                Is it the OBD1 ecu or OBDII?

And if it is OBDII, is it converted over to run as OBD1?

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by daovangphotos View Post
                  swap out the ECU for a different one
                  Is it the OBD1 ecu or OBDII?

And if it is OBDII, is it converted over to run as OBD1?
                  it was OBDI I believe from the looks of it other wise it wouldn't connect.
                  but I agree that it might be an ecu problem.brother inlaw had this problem but
                  it was the NEW!! OBDII jumper that wasn't doing its job sending signal to pulse
                  the dizzy.(fuel,power to the to the coil,no spark) hope you fix it and open up your ecu to make sure something didn't fry.

Marry Jane

Comment

it was OBDI I believe from the looks of it other wise it wouldn't connect.
                    but I agree that it might be an ecu problem.brother inlaw had this problem but
                    it was the NEW!! OBDII jumper that wasn't doing its job sending signal to pulse
                    the dizzy.(fuel,power to the to the coil,no spark) hope you fix it and open up your ecu to make sure something didn't fry.
                    I bought the p13 from a member on here, so it's possible... *sigh*.... I'll check up on it and report back..
                    What kind of signs should I be looking for when I open up the Ecu?

Does the sound of my car trying to start up sound normal to all you guys? or does it sound slow and out of time like darkcloud said? if so, what needs to be timed? possibly balance belt?
                    Last edited by Freshagen; 08-03-2011, 02:27 PM.
                    Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

this seal was already gone when I got the ecu... did the previous owner open it up bc he too had issues with the ECU?!

this side was voided

But everything (to my eyes..) looked normal.

does this one look a little different to you?

all the pins are in tact..

I'm about to follow all the ignition wires and dizzy wires through the harness to check for breaks. I honestly doubt it since I did the voltage check with the siren and was getting voltage at the dizzy connector and at the ignitor. it's just not fuckin sending spark to the damn cap..

I'm definately about to contact the person I bought this ECU off of.. *smh
                      Last edited by Freshagen; 08-03-2011, 04:13 PM.
                      Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

I thought you had this running before, I didn't know this was a new swap for you.

where did you source this ecu. did it come with the motor or did you piece form someone else. Are the above picture of a new one or the same one that
                        was placed in the car to try to start. could be your problem but do you know anyone close by that my have a spare or let you tryout their ecu on your car.

keep us posted,still have my fingers crossed for you.

Marry Jane

Comment

i bought it from someone from this site. and those are the pictures of the p13 ecu im trying to run.
                          Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

Id come by and share my ECU, but its not a p13

Its an auto h22 ecu (P0F)

Last time i worked with an h22a4, we took it down to 2 issues: timing belt being off, and ECU. I was not there for the timing belt check, but with the ECU, we ran a OBD1 p13 in the OBD2 car.

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Freshagen View Post
                              i bought it from someone from this site. and those are the pictures of the p13 ecu im trying to run.
                              oh ok just asking,not trying to point fingers.

have you checked the timing on all the timing marks(cams,flywheel,dizzy,tdc).
                              Also saw in your vid that one of your dizzy bolts was missing and was thinking
                              may be 180 off. have you taking off the valve cover to double check you marks.

pics of you dizzy and you wire order make sure you didn't do what my bro inlaw did last week and mixed a wire by accident lol.this is in case you do get it to start and it quiets and dies with some backfire action

Marry Jane

Comment

yea, i'm gonna check the timing and everything tomorrow when the sun comes up.

I tried getting a spark with the old pt3, and same thing. no start. so I'm gonna double check my timing and start troubleshooting the harness next. may go to the jy and pick up an extra one to try it out just in case.
                                Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

Working...
                                X