idle dropping and bouncing while stoping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle dropping and bouncing while stoping

I notice when ever I let go of the gas and the rpm is around 1500rpm like coming to a stop. The rpm would drop down to like 700rpm and back up to what ever the rpm was and then go down like normal and idle at 800rpm when I am fully stop. It hapen everytime I come to a stop, I check all vac line seem good. and does not surge up and down at idle unless I drive real hard redlining every gear( usually do when Iam near my house) and then put it in park it will idle surge up and down, if I hold the gas pedal when at 200rpm for 30sec then it idle normal. It just annoying some time when it happen , but it ok most of the time, any idea???

90 accord w/ 92 jdm h22a auto/ lsd auto tranny
    Last edited by blazen_accord; 03-11-2005, 10:10 PM.
    90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
    < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

perhaps a vacum leak? Check all of your lines and make sure you dont hear any "escaping" air. Also, check your TPS voltage and your try adjusting your timing nut/screw =)

Good luck.
    2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
    JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
    My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

no vacum leak that I can hear or see, unless it inside the emssion black box. I'm getting another emmission box just to make sure. with the sensor check feature of the apexi safc II my tps votage at idle is .40v and wot at 4.6v does that look correct?? my idle rpm is at 750rpm is that too high.
      90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
      < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

I have the same problem. It's annoying as hell, isn't it? My girl's dad says it can burn the valves if you let it go on too long...

You can adjust the idle screw. That would help some, though it never truly fixed it for me. The screw is on the throttle body I believe. It's a little flathead screw, and you have to be REALLY careful not to strip it. It's pretty soft. Turn it clockwise and your idle will drop a bit. You should be able to stop the pulsing then.

You could also try adjustting your FIV. I have yet to do this, but now that it's getting warmer I plan to! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=idle That thread shows it being done to an H22.

Comment

one of my buddies had the same problem turned out to be his map
          F22A1:blew up
          F22A1/H22:blew up
          F22A6/H22: " "
          F22A4/H22: " "
          H23A1 boosted:blew up
          H23A1:traded
          H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
          FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

Comment

my car idles around 750-800 normally, and sometimes around 600-700...but no, that doesn't sound too low. Those numbers are for a warmed up motor though, if you're getting these from a cold start, then yes....to low. I still think the screw adjustment would be the easiest thing to check 1st =)

Good luck.
            2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
            JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
            My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

I have adjust my warm idle, by unplug the ICV and then turn the idle screw to ~730rpm and reset the ecu wusing the fuses. My cold start idle is ~1550rpm and go down to 750rpm when warm up. the rpm drop once and go back up when I am coming to a stop and the rpm is below 2k, but it does not bounce back and forth forever it does it once evcerytime I about to stop.

Now the bouncing 700rpm to 1.5k is just weird it does happen only sometime. Mostly after a good race or several wot run before I get to my house. I am begining to throw code 14 egr, but I have test the egr it hold vacumm and does allow exhaust gas in. and use a votage test the egr solenoid is working ok, so I hope once I replace the whole emmision black box it will fix the problem. I plan to remove the EGR all together, but have not find away without it throwing a code.

Comment

yeah speaking of revs bouncing when ever i start the car from cold the revs goes up to 1500 rpm then gradually up to 2500 rpm ,when the it warms up it idles at 900 rpm put it in gear it bounces to 1300 an back to normal. when curising the gears changes out and there is a slight power drop you can hear sound through the exhaust as you cruise along ... i havent checked the tps voltage but i will definately look into the little thng under the throttle body and tighten it to see if it cures the problem ....i'll mek you know whats up
                Last edited by ukaccord92; 03-15-2005, 06:48 PM.

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

i got the same bouncing problem. some people say its a vacum leak i gotta take a video to show you guys.
                  To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

also one more thing i'd like to comment on is that when i go into reverse the engine goes into a sort of low growling like a flat spots even when takin off with a little acceleration it smooths out .......

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

you try adjusting your FIV valve?

Comment

Originally posted by ukaccord92
                        yeah speaking of revs bouncing when ever i start the car from cold the revs goes up to 1500 rpm then gradually up to 2500 rpm ,when the it warms up it idles at 900 rpm put it in gear it bounces to 1300 an back to normal. when curising the gears changes out and there is a slight power drop you can hear sound through the exhaust as you cruise along ... i havent checked the tps voltage but i will definately look into the little thng under the throttle body and tighten it to see if it cures the problem ....i'll mek you know whats up
                        hmmm your warm idle seem to be too high, stock should be 650rpm-750rpm when warm up. remeber to unplug the iACV plug and then adjust the idle screw then reset the ecu and plug the iacv back up and start car. You should make sure all part of the TB is tight and nothing is loose.

Comment

mine ended up being the idle air controller...
                          My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

I have the same problem with my h22a accord. Everytime I drive and the engine gets warm, I have the bouncing idle when I put the car in park. Did anyone figure out what the problem is?? thankz

CB7 JDM H22a

<br><br>
                            R.I.P Accord ---- ---

Comment

this is exactly where i am at with my engine. getting that idle bouncing. when ever i put it in park and rev the engine when its warm, the rpm's come back down to about 1,000 then back to 1500 for a few seconds then back to normal. i also notice a lack of throttle response and my tps is right. i sure hope someone can help all of us with this problem!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X