Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JDM H22A needs HELP Getting back on road!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM H22A needs HELP Getting back on road!

ok I let my car sit for awhile cuz I couldn't get up the funds but I Just bought a chipped/tuned ECU for $200 thinking that would fix my car but It sat for awhile like a year since I needed new ignition switch, fixed that, it drove for 20 mins then died at stop sign then started and died on way home had to be pushed home....and I had you guys do my wiring awhile back and my car ran good but now it needs you guys again!!! IDK what 2 do but Im not SELLING IT. I Wanna drive it when its running right and ive never been able too, had car for years.. help.

Okay I got a question now how did the car die. Did it die at idle or chug out and rolled then died. First check for spark and the spark consistency cause it could be a bad distributor,distributor cap or coil. Last but not least that fuel pump is a problem and the fuel pump module which is way up there just about the kickpanel.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
      Okay I got a question now how did the car die. Did it die at idle or chug out and rolled then died. First check for spark and the spark consistency cause it could be a bad distributor,distributor cap or coil. Last but not least that fuel pump is a problem and the fuel pump module which is way up there just about the kickpanel.
      yo thanks a lot bro I just asked the shop that said they couldn't fix it if they checked my fuel pump and of course NOT but they said they did put on a new distributor I believe. I gotta tow my car back to my house and ill try and have sum1 check or replace pump what else you think?

Comment

did they put on the correct distributor?

or did they just start replacing parts?

my neighbor down the street had his car (Toyota Camry) shut off on him about 2 blocks from home, it was towed by AAA to one of their shop where the "mechanic" (and i use that word loosely) said that it could be the alternator or the starter or the battery or the computer or the distributor or the igniter or the fuel pump ....etc etc

he had the car towed home and let it sit for a few days in his driveway. he was considering donating the car and checking out new cars when i suggested to look under the hood himself and look at the wiring as best he can. He asked me to come over because he had found a few broken wires. I told him they were chewed on by a rat and we spliced them back up ,checked the fuses and found the ECU fuse had popped, replaced that and Lo and Behold the car was idling nicely. As a last item we replaced the negative battery cable because it was looking bad AND retightened all the Grounds. He is still driving the car today (3 months later)

have you gone through all your grounds and wiring connections to make sure they are all tight, also check your main relay, mine was doing the run now not later thing on me
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
          did they put on the correct distributor?

or did they just start replacing parts?

my neighbor down the street had his car (Toyota Camry) shut off on him about 2 blocks from home, it was towed by AAA to one of their shop where the "mechanic" (and i use that word loosely) said that it could be the alternator or the starter or the battery or the computer or the distributor or the igniter or the fuel pump ....etc etc

he had the car towed home and let it sit for a few days in his driveway. he was considering donating the car and checking out new cars when i suggested to look under the hood himself and look at the wiring as best he can. He asked me to come over because he had found a few broken wires. I told him they were chewed on by a rat and we spliced them back up ,checked the fuses and found the ECU fuse had popped, replaced that and Lo and Behold the car was idling nicely. As a last item we replaced the negative battery cable because it was looking bad AND retightened all the Grounds. He is still driving the car today (3 months later)

have you gone through all your grounds and wiring connections to make sure they are all tight, also check your main relay, mine was doing the run now not later thing on me
          to be honest, I cant be 100% Sure they put on correct Distributor, and the mech just kept saying look at this wiring, that should prolly get a wiring harness from Junkyard but Im not sure which harness id need to get?!?

Comment

If your harness is obviously all jacked up then get a new harness and eliminate that issue from your diagnostics. No point using bandaids on a gun shot wound. Follow testing procedures listed in your manual systematically and this will lead you to an informed course of action. If you dont have one already then invest in a multimeter.

Also pumps don't go bad that often.

Harness info available here
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5423

and just in case here is a link to a prelude manual available online. This should cover the h22 side of your issues.

Prelude Service manual PDF download
            http://prelude.openbarr.com/manuals/...92-96_lude.pdf

also sent PM.
            Last edited by Tishock; 10-08-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
              If your harness is obviously all jacked up then get a new harness and eliminate that issue from your diagnostics. No point using bandaids on a gun shot wound. Follow testing procedures listed in your manual systematically and this will lead you to an informed course of action. If you dont have one already then invest in a multimeter.

Also pumps don't go bad that often.

Harness info available here
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5423

and just in case here is a link to a prelude manual available online. This should cover the h22 side of your issues.

Prelude Service manual PDF download
              http://prelude.openbarr.com/manuals/...92-96_lude.pdf

also sent PM.
              ooh k so should I buy a wiring harness? And which Harness??? I thought my swap didn't need any conversions? Also the car did sit for almost 2 years.. Would that affect the fuel pump, it had less than 1/4 tank so I put new gas in thinking that's why it died.. but it didn't start but the gas went up lol!! WOULD A BAD FUEL PUMP stop it from reading the gas cuz the needle did go up? ANY OTHER IDEAS?
              Last edited by xheartlesskingx; 10-14-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

just spoke 2 mech

He said that he doesn't think its the Fuel pump. He said the car isn't getting Spark and maybe its a wire short and that they tried everything..??? New Distributor and idk what else he tried so I asked if I should get New Harness and he just seemed to push that under the rug cuz hes a quick fix mech so idk why he has a job doing like 30cars a day!! lol. ANYWAY what HARNESS guys and can I get one from Junkyard or LKQ or something?

Comment

You really need to either find a new mechanic, or start reading.

We can't spoonfeed you info when you're not actually going out and troubleshooting and giving us reliable information.

So i'd suggest you get a Haynes manual and pop your hood and start checking things.

Fuses?

Wires?

Is the fucking battery connected?

Like really dude how can we help you if you don't even know what's going on?

Comment

the fuel gauge is getting the signal from the fuel level sensor NOT the pump, so you cant know if the pump is bad by the needle on the dash.

If you cant hear the pump run then you could check for fuel pressure at the fuel rail with key on, this will determine if the pump is working or at least getting power.

Comment

My money is on the spark.

I also bought stock in KY.

WOot.

Comment

why not check the main relay or the ground to the pump?. had a lose ground under the back seat. anther time it did that it was the main relay.
                        Last edited by coltonfrostcb7; 10-28-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X