H22/F22 Auto Transmission Strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22/F22 Auto Transmission Strength

Did a bit of searching but cant seem to see any helpful info besides "dont bother, get a manual". now im looking to h swap my wagon, as it needs a little more oomph for overtaking and driveabilty. i dont enjoy stomping the f22 to death everytime a small incline happens, and i think with a little more power i might even get better city economy as im not always on it trying to get to speed, haha.

now im looking for a trans thats best for cruising, not performance. i believe the F22 trans is better for that,

my main concern is strength, is there any strength difference between the prelude and accord transmission? the one in my car has 200'000 Miles on it, i would seek to replace it with a 100'000 mile setup h22auto.

Cheers
    sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

I had such bad luck with transmissions in my car, having one get to slipping with both the F and the H; one was the Accord trans, one was a Prelude MP1A. I didn't know what to blame it on, I thought I took good care of them, changing the oil roughly every other engine oil change. As old as these cars are, I honestly wouldn't even trust a used automatic anymore. Is having a shop rebuild one for you an option?

Personally, I like automatics. Forget the haters.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'd trust any of my local shops to rebuild one and the only people that would would probably be the same price if not more expensive as buying a near brand new one anyway.

For now I'll just run the accord transmission with a prelude backup, and when/if the auto fails I'll rip it apart and learn about it, maybe even rebuild it. I've never done an auto before, built everything but that.
      sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Working...
      X