Rare car, needs rare swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare car, needs rare swap

Ok, I've come upon a pretty rare breed of our beloved CB7... I've got a 92 Accord Coupe LX - 5 speed - oem running lights - great condition. I'm a Honda/Acura mechanic at R&V Honda/Acura in Chattanooga, TN. I've been thinking and have come to the conclusion of a F20B swap. In the end, I want to right hand drive my car... So, with that being said... anyone have the right hand drive spare parts handy? I havn't started the collection at all yet, so I'm open. Also, I'm looking to get a JDM heater control unit. But the main point of this is does anyone out there have a blown F20B they're looking to part ways with, or know of any? I have a motor connection, but I'm only in lowballin' situation right now so looking for the semi-cheapest approach to this.

-- The Captain --
    -- The Captain --
    '92 Couple LX 5 Speed, Driving lights -- looking for jdm grey or aftermarket black interior? About to turbo an F23!

If i remember correctly a cb7 can NOT be imorted into the united states im not sure why but yeah

try to get a front clip and convert

H23?

Comment

That's something you DO NOT WANT TO BUY PIECE BY PIECE! I can't stress this enough, too many headaches. I've done RHD on the car in my sig and A Front-Clip with everything in-front of you makes life alot eaiser (sp?) Your plans sound Bad-Ass! Keep us up-dated and Welcome to Cb7tuner
      -Ryan-
      Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Not to hijack the thread..but, Hello from a former Chattanooga native!! Did Economy finally sell out?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
          Right hand drive parts, like....a firewall?

I bet it would be cheaper/easier to import a whole car.
          Wrong... well, at least if he's in the US. Canada has much more relaxed importation regulations.

You can get a front clip, which would provide you with all the parts you need. There's an importer in Jersey that can do that for you (excalibur02 has contacted them... Laguna7, I believe some of our first conversations were when I was looking to do this!) With the front clip, some welding skill, and a LOT of foul language, you should be able to convert. I decided against the conversion, not just because of the crazy amount of work and guaranteed unforseen problems, but because of the blind spots that would be created. It just wouldn't be a good road car! It would be a lot of work, but you would definitely have something unique!

93accordEX is selling a working F20B I believe (unless it's been sold already). It's not blown, but I don't think he was asking was unreasonable.
          If I may ask, why the F20B? It's a rare motor, but the H22 is a more well rounded motor... and much cheaper. With the money an F20B would cost (even a blown one, after the rebuild) you could mod an H22 to be more powerful! Just my opinion...

Finally, why do you say your car is rare?

Comment

heh I was wondering the same thing why its rare. my engine for sale is a euro-r h22a. honestly I don't see why anyone would buy an f20b when this swap is available... but whatever hopefully someone will realize that soon enough and take it off my hands.
            HSHO #3

Comment

damn...

93accordEX

HAPPY 65Kth!!!

now that's a fucking postcount...
              Mike:
              92 Accord DX 4d 5sp-Odometer:212k 12/07/05
              Member's Ride Thread - SOLD 1/12/06
              02 WRX ,White, 5spd, wingless FTW! - SOLD
              05 Legacy GT Limited, Silver, 5spd - TRADED IN Legacy gallery
              93 Prelude Si, White, 5spd, stock (daily driver)
              06 WRX Wagon , White, 5spd, Cobb stg2 (daily drooler)

Comment

what blind spots? after getting used to driving it won't be any different.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

ya bro ur car isn't that rare i got a 93 coupe lx 5 speed but ya those motors r hard to find and when u do u pay for it hardcore but ya also happy posting too 65k
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

rhd pwns me. still want to do it!!!!!!!! good luck on ur future mods keep us updated post by post, pic by pic lol

Comment

Originally posted by FDAccord
                      what blind spots? after getting used to driving it won't be any different.
                      Ok, your driving you come to an intersection to make a left hand turn but, there's a car in front of you, Can you see on-coming traffic??? Dangerous situation....
                      Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Originally posted by Laguna7
                        Ok, your driving you come to an intersection to make a left hand turn but, there's a car in front of you, Can you see on-coming traffic??? Dangerous situation....
                        Very true ^. I know sometimes I can't even see what's coming because there might be a big vehicle blocking my view.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                        91 accord lx (5spd)
                        92 accord lx (5spd)
                        93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

I'd rather just import it. And I think my car's rarer (nyah nyah), good luck trying to find a 5spd 93 EX. If I had fogs and leather my car would be worth millions!

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
                            heh I was wondering the same thing why its rare. my engine for sale is a euro-r h22a. honestly I don't see why anyone would buy an f20b when this swap is available... but whatever hopefully someone will realize that soon enough and take it off my hands.
                            That's what I thought it was... There was a thread somewhere where I thought you said it was an F20B.

And unless the 92 LX coupe with a manual transmission (that particular year and model) is rare, then it's really not that rare of a car. Not that it isn't worth a quality motor swap, but still... I have a 5 speed 92 DX coupe that I just kinda settled for because it was cheap!

And yeah... immagine trying to pass someone with RHD. It'll never happen. You'd have to be IN the oncoming lane to see what's there. By then it could be too late! And tolls, drive thru windows, bank drive throughs... Not THAT big a deal, if you just don't pass people, and don't mind leaning over your passenger seat when you need to... but it's something to chew on.

Comment

Well, me being a mechanic... on souly Honda/Acura products, it strikes me as I've never seen another car like mine, in as good of shape other than one customer car... In the greater Chattanooga area (meaning North Gerogia as well) It's come to me and a buddy around here who have 2 out of the 5 4th gen coupe 5 speeds. He's got an H22 swap done, yet his is a 91 model with the retardo-seat belst syndrome lmfao.. sorry, I hate those damn things. But, granted.. my car is a hideous color in mint green, I've never seen another COUPE in this color. Again, It's been an extremely rare find and it having the factory driving lights... Never once seen that on another Accord around here... Plus, the true fog lights are ugly.. compared to the driving lights... but that's just my .02.
                              On another note, I appreicate the notion of getting a front cut... I just assumed it'd be really hard seeing how old the car is. I'd do the swap, not some half-ass cut weld then weld back together job. But it's cool, I like all the input towards it.
                              Ok, for the F20b... it's just more rare, exactly. Tons have H22 swaps, yet very few have F20b's. I've got an F23 V-tec out of a '00, but no clue on teh swap work for that... plus it's still a SOHC motor. If I did an H series, it'd be the H23 V-tec.
                              Alrighty then, and then onto this... yes Economy sold out about 3 years ago... but getting parts from 'em everyday is still an ordeal all in itself lmao.

-- The Captain --
                              -- The Captain --
                              '92 Couple LX 5 Speed, Driving lights -- looking for jdm grey or aftermarket black interior? About to turbo an F23!

Comment

Working...
                              X