X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 speed CB7 ?

possible ?
    idea ?
    Acura Legend 91-95 V6 3.2l 230hp 206tq 6-speed manual ???

thx ???
    My Ride Thread
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
    Mark Twain

FaceBook

anything is possible....is it worth doing?....probaly not. It would take alot of custom work and it would be a TIGHT fit.

your welcome???

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

I thought something like this was trying to be done here when I first joined up. It was a chick who's husband totalled there TL or something? Idk if i'm thinkingg of another forum but I remember this being talked about. She was very close to be done. She gave dimensions and everything. God this is going to bother me now because I was following along w/ that thread and I have no idea what happened to it!?

And as for the "tight" fit... the j30 didnt even fit. The motor/trans was too big for the bay of our cb7's. Thats what I member for a fact, but everything else is vague right now! Sorry..

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
      ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
      ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

It's actually the 93-95 acura legend GS sedan or type II LS coupe. The C32 mounts vertically in the bay instead of horizontal like in the accord, meaning that you would have to find a way to mount the transmission because it'll go past the firewall. But it has been done in a civic before...

Comment

not rwd is it? theres no rwd acura''s xcept the nsx! whatever im confised good luck

Hey check us out www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by DragonEye
            possible ?
            idea ?
            Acura Legend 91-95 V6 3.2l 230hp 206tq 6-speed manual ???

thx ???
            To hell with pulling it off, you'll have just as much if not more trouble finding a Type II 3.2 out of a Legend, especially one with the 6 spd behind it. Here's my 1991 Legend to clear up fitment issues. It was only a 5-speed, but it's one of only TWO manual 91-95 Legends I've seen in person my whole life. The first was obviously mine, and the second was a 6-speed coupe some guy in Nashville, TN had. He said it took him 3 years to find a black Legend coupe with a 6-speed. Good luck...

And YES, the car is FWD (front wheel drive)...

Comment

Originally posted by xwade01
              And as for the "tight" fit... the j30 didnt even fit. The motor/trans was too big for the bay of our cb7's. Thats what I member for a fact, but everything else is vague right now! Sorry..
              actually, the j30 would fit. a lot of people assume no or guess as such because the 6gen accords are bigger - but i can tell you for sure most of it is from the body panels and the cabin space - and NOT the space under the hood - custom work would be required and other considerations, yes, but its doable. no im not discussing how much money, etc, im just saying its possible without major structural compromise to the unibody. your biggest concerns are gonna be weight distribution and cooling - strangely enough, the cg2 has a similarly sized engine bay to our cb7's, you get about an inch extra width-wise, and the windshield stretches out further, leaving a slightly deeper space between the edge of it and the firewall, again thats only about an inch and a half.

in your question regarding the 3.2 transmount engine, it would be harder to pull of, i suspect, because of the orientation of the block - i'm not exactly sure how the tranny works then, since its still a fwd ( i just learned this quirk myself) but if you're stuck on doing something new, try it, or do what i'd do and go for a j-block with a cl type-s 6-speed, because at least then your orienting your engine the same way as you normally would for a fwd engine

and to get you started on the task if you were to do it - know that your best bet would be to completely strip down your cb chassis and build her back up

here are a couple great threads to give you some more ideas, and anything you can't glean from searching, i can give you alittle more insight if you want:

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...highlight=j30a

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...highlight=j30a

happy reading and like every body else says, if you have the money and the drive, go for it - it would be a first for you either way
              Last edited by i'm the girl; 01-10-2006, 01:25 PM.

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

it would be so much easier putting a 6 speed k20 in....

Comment

The Legends have a tranny hump in the floor, to clear the tranny, just no driveshaft tube going back (like RWD cars). You'd have to cut your car and make a tranny hump in the floor. You'd be better off just buying a Legend. Trust me, ^^that Legend would hang with a TSi and beat an EG hatch with a B18B swap, and the Legend was ALL STOCK. V6powa ownz. I'd get a Legend and throw on some I/H/E, you'll notice more significant gaind out of the V6 than you would the 4 cyl's. MMMMM, (imagines a Black GS Coupe with JDM Type II, 6-speed, full length headers, true dual exhaust, lowered, tinred, Volk CE28N...)

Comment

It would be easier to throw in a k24 , or k24/k20 frank. Im not sure if k20 mounts the same as the k24 and im not sure if Hasport finished making mounts for the 4th gens. But then you have to ask yourself is it worth the time and money to do the swap.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

damn never imaginated how much trouble is to do a thing like it.........

so i consider the whole thing.......... i will put a f20b tranny+ lower ratio

a very big thx all
                      My Ride Thread
                      The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
                      Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

its very possible .......with a K20 swap

Originally posted by f22-dohc

fuk man, i'll get my beaver after u. u'll never find me in my igloo... its camaflauged in the arctic!!

Comment

Originally posted by KoNEY
                          You'd be better off just buying a Legend. Trust me, ^^that Legend would hang with a TSi and beat an EG hatch with a B18B swap, and the Legend was ALL STOCK. V6powa ownz.
                          You said it yourself...and I can attest. I've spent the last 7 years looking for the right legend. Either a 95 Black GS or a 95 Black coupe 6sp. They dont exsist! I've actually found 1 in my search and it was rusted out and WAY too much. I've found 2 or 3 on ebay but again they wanted 15k for them and thats too much to finance thru a bank since they wont give you a car loan on anything over 8 or 10 years old.

Comment

Working...
                          X