Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H22 Pricing, Already searched, what's your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Pricing, Already searched, what's your opinion?

I already serached for this and after 15 min I gave up.

What would be expected to pay for an H22a Vtec 40k miles with a matching manual transmission OBD1 ECU(with wiring harness). Just looking for a ball park range, not including installation

Please post up some numbers for me...

$2000 $2500 $3000?

Comment

Your not searching hard enough. Look on hmotorsonline.com.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah man hmotorsonline.com or die.

best place. Id jut get the FULL swap w/ LSD and do it right

Comment

Has anyone bought this full kit that HMO sells?

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30016

Comment

I dont see why you would need to spend the extra money on it. Id just get the one that cost around 1900 or something like that.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Sorry,
              I also have plans to do a auto to manual swap. That's why I would be look at the whole set up.

Am I missing something obvious? Why wouldn't you spend the extra money on it?

Comment

Id think if you spend 1900 + 300 for the LSD tranny it would equate to around that 2100 dollar price tag. Then id scavenge the parts the main parts (shift linkages, pedal assemblies, etc.) from another cb from a junkyard or if someone is selling them.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Forking over the $300 for the LSD is completely up to you and your plans for the car. Now I agree with Nail regarding most of the manual parts because pulling them yourself provides you with some type of know-how to start your install with. If you just ordered a pile of parts you might not know where anything goes. Go to a junkyard, see how the factory did it, remove the parts needed and keep your mental note as a model.

I'm going to cheat a little bit since this info should be found via searching but know that any Prelude transmission you use is going to require you to drill and tap new mounting hole to fit it on the CB7 mounts so you might also want to consider adding an Accord transmission to your list of parts to get if you don't have the resources or confidence to accomplish that project. Little taller gearing though so acceleration won't be as fast. I've said too much.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

quick question does it really matter of you have lsd or not? and what is it used for...(learning in the process educate me)

Comment

Originally posted by AccordAnimal
                      Has anyone bought this full kit that HMO sells?
                      Theres no need for it, everything from the accord will work fine, its a waste of money.

Originally posted by Cb7_tunerx
                      quick question does it really matter of you have lsd or not? and what is it used for...(learning in the process educate me)
                      The learning process involves more searching and less thread jacking, LSD is limited slip differential which basically gives power to both wheels instead of one hence better traction.
                      My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                        Will his auto axles work in his manual trans?
                        No, he's going to need axels from a manual accord with half shaft, clutch master cylinder, clutch Pedal, clutch line, clutch Dampener and some other minor things.
                        My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
                          No, he's going to need axels from a manual accord with half shaft, clutch master cylinder, clutch Pedal, clutch line, clutch Dampener and some other minor things.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank YOU!

Some solid answers here. I'm going to keep woking on it, thanks everyone for your imput.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                            Well then he can get low mileage genuine Honda axles if he buys the "swap" package.
                            Yes or he could
                            Originally posted by NAiL05
                            scavenge the parts the main parts (shift linkages, pedal assemblies, etc.) from another cb from a junkyard or if someone is selling them.
                            If you want to spend the extra 250 go for it.
                            My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Sorry if it wasn't clear for you.
                              2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                              Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                              1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Working...
                              X