Intake mani question f22a f23a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake mani question f22a f23a

OK, heres the deal. I did a swap on my cb7 and put a f23a in it. The thing is I cant control the fast idle on it and besides the ports are like a virgin, tight and small but the f22a is dirty slut wide open. I really want to put back the f22a manifold and I also have the A6 manifold. Problem is one of the antifreeze or coolant ports dont match. Has anyone ever had a port matchup problem that they actaully solved. I was thinking if I can move the hole over on the intake mani to match the head, that it would work. If anyone has done this or know where I can get this done please just let me know. Thanx
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

Why dont you just spend the money and port match your IM with the F23 one that is?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well, everything matches up better, vacuum, etc. Also, the f23 throttle body has no screw for the fast idle but the f22a TB does. Hmm, maybe Ill check to see if f22b SOHC TB fits the F23 TB because that one has a screw valve. Thanx for replying
      Pm meX

MY WHIP
      H22A Swap
      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

make sure you dont have any vaccum leaks. using your finger, see if you can plug the holes that are in the throttle body opening. if your idle is still fast, you have a leak somewhere. keep the manfold you have it should work out ok.

you can also remotely locate the iavc like i had to do to fix the idle issue.

how high is your car reving to?

Comment

It revs pretty high, My tach doesnt work to well but it sounds like its bouncing up and down between 2300 and and 2700 even when warmed up. Then when I take my hand and block off the air pipe, it drops all the way down to a steady 1000 rpm or lower where it should be. Means that the valve is letting in too much air and I cant control it with the F23 TB because it has no screw. Also if I drive the car with this high up and down idle, it bogs among acceleration and jerks violently.
          Pm meX

MY WHIP
          H22A Swap
          I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

sounds like your iacv has a leak, not the fiv. i had the same issue. ill takes pics of what i did to fix it tonight.

Comment

well, i guess it could be your fiv also. the reason im guessing its not is because when my fiv went bad, the car would idle say between 1000 and 2500 extremely fast. and then when the iacv went bad, it would idle all the way to 4k, slower, and the car bogged and jerked when i drove. it didnt do that when the fiv was messed up.

here are some pics of the iacv relocation

one side get plugged to the intake manifold

the other to the intake side

or just make sure you have the o-rings on correctly. but as i recall the iacv on the f23 manifold is weird and you cant connect it to the odb1 plug. maybe that was just in my case. i was using the intake from a 98 f23. oh ya and also you have to block the holes behind the tb
              Last edited by RENR; 06-06-2006, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RENR
                well, i guess it could be your fiv also. the reason im guessing its not is because when my fiv went bad, the car would idle say between 1000 and 2500 extremely fast. and then when the iacv went bad, it would idle all the way to 4k, slower, and the car bogged and jerked when i drove. it didnt do that when the fiv was messed up.

here are some pics of the iacv relocation

one side get plugged to the intake manifold

the other to the intake side

or just make sure you have the o-rings on correctly. but as i recall the iacv on the f23 manifold is weird and you cant connect it to the odb1 plug. maybe that was just in my case. i was using the intake from a 98 f23. oh ya and also you have to block the holes behind the tb
                What I did was rewire the IACV and left it in its location because it is a 3 prong on F23 as opposed to 2 prongs f22. I have no evap hookup. Also what holes behind the TB are you referring to. Also where would theiacv leak if it was leaking, internal or outside. The reason why I believe that its idle valve is because when it doesnt get so much air, the idle is normal. As far as the bogging, do you think it could be MAP. I dont think I have all the vaccuum box hoses conected properly.
                Pm meX

MY WHIP
                H22A Swap
                I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

the map would throw a code. iacv can act fucked up and no code would be present.

if you look in the throttle body opening, theres two holes in there, you can almost see it in the picture

so, if theres no leak on the iacv,, then you probably have a messed up gasket.....try pluging the hole with your finger and see if the idle evens out. if it does, then you have a leak, or bad iacv. if not, its the fiv issue

Comment

OK, You meant the holes inside of the TB that feeds the TP and IACV. I thought you meant the back of the TB, anyway, Im checking my clutch assembly as of now so I can't run the car but when the tranny is back up I will check that. But if I cover the idle hole witgh gum or something, the only difference would be that it wont cold idle correct? Thanx for your help man
                    Pm meX

MY WHIP
                    H22A Swap
                    I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

your throttle plate may not be closing all the way... if you dont hear it snap shut when you turn the rotor by hand and let it go, adjust the cable looser a bit..

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                        your throttle plate may not be closing all the way... if you dont hear it snap shut when you turn the rotor by hand and let it go, adjust the cable looser a bit..
                        Nah, it snaps shut tightly.
                        Pm meX

MY WHIP
                        H22A Swap
                        I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4
                          OK, You meant the holes inside of the TB that feeds the TP and IACV. I thought you meant the back of the TB, anyway, Im checking my clutch assembly as of now so I can't run the car but when the tranny is back up I will check that. But if I cover the idle hole witgh gum or something, the only difference would be that it wont cold idle correct? Thanx for your help man
                          correcto. but use your finger not gum.

Comment

Originally posted by RENR
                            correcto. but use your finger not gum.
                            LOL, I meant to only use gum if I was to drive it.
                            Pm meX

MY WHIP
                            H22A Swap
                            I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4
                              LOL, I meant to only use gum if I was to drive it.
                              lol, well if it turns out to be that, fill it with silicone. i wish i wouldve take pics of that, funny shit

Comment

Working...
                              X