• Show
Clear All

hey how is the motor runnng?

does it pull harder than stock?

it really looks good nice job
    H22 fund = 3000 hopefully soon My Member's Ride Thread

Canon XTI | 28-135mm IS USM | 18-55mm kit lens | 50mm 1.8 II

Comment

I like it alot, but I am definatly craving more power. I would like to cange the clutch and flywheel to what I had because the clutch is kinda worn out. my new exaust wont come soon enough.
      spin city

Comment

looks good, congrats on the swap!

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

North carolina FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
            I like it alot, but I am definatly craving more power. I would like to cange the clutch and flywheel to what I had because the clutch is kinda worn out. my new exaust wont come soon enough.

should of changed the clutch while the motor was out. now its going to be a pain just taking out the tranny because of the space given ( can be done while motor is still on car but takes more time ) either take out the entire motor again to change clutch or do above method pull tranny and take a long time lol
            either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

yea Im thinking about riding around like it is for a while, and pulling the entire motor, because I needed to get the car on the road, I used autozone tbelt and water pump. when I change the clutch im getting oem parts, and maby cams at the same time. we will hae to see.
              spin city

Comment

my compression check results:

driver's side 208 207 209 209 passenger side

the motor was run till normal temp, and was off for about 10min before I did the test. I didnt put any oil or anything in the cylinders to see if it made a difference, because, I don't have any sitting around.
                Last edited by dbsharp; 01-06-2007, 03:07 PM.
                spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
                  but I still here a whirring sound from the t belt area at idle. The valves tick loudly so im going to adjust them tomarrow and maby check out the cam bearings. I think that the 1st gear felt faster before because of the low gearing and the lightend flywheel. also the clutch that came with this motor is toast, and the clutch pedal take alot9.
                  don't know if you've worked it out yet but gsr/typr timing belt is wider than f22b /h23 belt if you didn't put it on push close to the engine it could be rubbing against the balance shaft belt, causing that sound. It's an extremely tight fit.

you can pull the timing belt cover and see if there is any black dust in there. If so you need to adjust it before breaking a belt
                  Post count is not = to experience rating

F22B DOHC

Comment

also check you IAB setup if you still feel like there's no power. Working IAB's made a big difference once I hooked them up.
                    Post count is not = to experience rating

F22B DOHC

Comment

it pulls strong now. a tune up and getting the exast hooked up was the trick. Im thinking/hopeing that the sound at idle is the water pump, (autozone pump), im replacing that with a oem and changing my flywheel/clutch to act light flywheel and clutch I had witht the last setup, next week. the tbelt was a little too big but after a few minuts of running, it rubbed down to the proper size.
                      spin city

Comment

Working...
                      X