• Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats good DIY bro....hehehehe
    Signature Picture removed due to excessive size

VOLVO 240GL bandit crew....all mighty supertank

Comment

@ numba1hater, thanks, esp coming from the '#1 hater.'

@ kidd262, thanks and hows your swap coming along? I hope everything is going well.

On a side note, my friend asked me to record a little video of the h22a starting up without the downpipe. I sure do wish my mic was better; it sounds a lot more throaty and definitely a lot louder in person.

google video link

Also, with the urethane'd engine mounts, notice how little the engine shakes at start-up and with revs. Other than the shaking hood support bar, the engine at start up pretty much looks like a picture with sound.

Comment

I remember starting up mine right after the swap. I cranked the sucker for a good 5 seconds and it didn't start. You can only imagine the look of panic on my face especially since the 30 day start up warranty had went up the weekend before.....Then it hit me dumbass you forgot to put the ecu back in after making the H22 harness. 2 seconds later and it fired right up....no exhaust and all just like yours. Great story reminds me plenty of my swap also as I had to use the F22 tranny too.

Member's Ride

Comment

i hope to be walking in your shoes really soon.

awesome write up man.

Cheers
          My Ride...

Comment

im thinkin of gettin my h22 bought pretty soon, ive got a dirtbike that im thinkin of sellin, im askin a 1000 for it. i havent even touched it since i got it, and my friend with a crx wants my f22 and i wanna start building the h22 so i can get it in by this winter, i also need to do a manual conversion when i dio this swap, and put in a black dash... lost of stuff and id like to do more at once if possible.

im jealous, good work

Member Ride Facebook
            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
            For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by tweeaks
              I remember starting up mine right after the swap. I cranked the sucker for a good 5 seconds and it didn't start. You can only imagine the look of panic on my face especially since the 30 day start up warranty had went up the weekend before.....Then it hit me dumbass you forgot to put the ecu back in after making the H22 harness. 2 seconds later and it fired right up....no exhaust and all just like yours. Great story reminds me plenty of my swap also as I had to use the F22 tranny too.
              lol i had a simaller experiance when i swapped in my f20b lol cept i forgot to plug the electrical connector into the coil lol right after i plugged it in bam she fired right up

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
              1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread
              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

@ tweaks, dang that woulda made me panic pretty bad. how's the f22 transmission working out for you? So far, I like the feel of my f22 tranny, even after driving my friend's 5th gen lude w/ the h22 tranny. I suppose, though, that I like my tranny because its what I have.

@ 93_EXR., you're gonna have a lot of fun doing this swap. There are obviously some headaches you'll come across, but all in all, its really enjoyable. I think it would help tremendously to have a different car that you can use while doing your swap. Even just a bicycle would help. You really don't wanna rush through it, especially if its your first swap, like mine was.

@ UrDoneSRH, it always nice to trade stuff that you don't use for an improvement on things you do use eh? The manual makes it a totally new car. That + the h22 is gonna make your car even more addicting to drive.

I just got back from a trip and I'm looking forward to making more progress in finishing up the swap. Up until about 2 weeks ago, I was running no exhaust from the exhaust header back. I bought a downpipe from blue93cb and then bought a 2.5" magnaflow cat, 2.5" flowmaster hushpower ii resonator, and a 2.5" borla muffler (borla part number 40653). I got those welded up w/ custom 2.5" piping at a local muffler store (rene's muffler on north pasadena, near china town). I'm pretty happy with the sound, but its a little loud. I wanted a sleeper feel, so the straight through borla muffler wasn't the perfect muffler for me. Nonetheless, I'm happy with it, and it does growl pretty nicely.

Also, my rims came in. I had originally hoped to get gunmetal Rota Subzeros, but as money was running low, and it required several months to special order those rims, I settled for a set of 17" Enkei GF1s. They came about 2 weeks ago and..... they turned out to be 5 lug. I should've just done the 5 lug swap at that point, but again, with money low, I'll have to sell those rims.

In the meantime, I bought different 4 lug rims. Three days ago, my newly ordered 17" drag DR-19s in silver w/ a polished lip arrived. I hope to get tires mounted on them today.

Now for the bad news. I noticed just before I left on a trip that I'm leaking oil from SOMEWHERE. I haven't checked if its power steering fluid or engine oil or w/e but I'm a little worried. I definitely don't want to have to go through and double check my oil seals with the engine in the car. We'll see what turns up with further inspection.

I'm currently looking to buy a h22 power steering pump and h22 p/s high pressure feed line. I'm also going to sell the set of 17" Enkei GF1s pretty soon, so if any of you guys know of a buyer or are looking to sell the h22 p/s stuff, let me know.

Thanks, and I hope to post up pictures soon. I'll keep this thread updated.

Comment

yah i work at a dealership so i'll just borrow one of the many cars on the lot...

I wish my boss would give me A S2000 hehehe or at least the ridgeline with 22's
                  My Ride...

Comment

WHEW

After 8 hours of searching for the leaks, they're both fixed. They were both pretty stupid leaks actually. The first was a loose transmission fluid drain bolt. Thank god it didn't back all the way out and let the transmission fluid drain completely.

The other took the majority of the searching time. After seeing power steering hoses covered in a nearly clear fluid, I assumed that power steering fluid was leaking somewhere. So, I spent about 6 hours inspecting the power steering system. Finally, with the engine running, I saw a fine spray of engine oil spraying directly onto a power steering hose. I had forgotten that brand new engine oil looks quite a bit like power steering fluid. There's an inspection hole next to the balance shaft pulley that you're supposed to stick some rod into while changing the balance shaft belt. That bolt was nonexistent and as a result, engine oil was shooting out.

Frustrating, but I'm oh so glad I won't have to reinstall the oil seals.

Up next is a new throttle body and a redo on the lower radiator hose. Seems that my lower radiator hose is about 2" too long. As a result, the hose has a kink in it, just before it plugs into the radiator. Engine temps are still low, but for peace of mind, I'll fix it tomorrow.

Three day weekends ftw.

Comment

i cant wait to try. im thinkin of just buyin a 2nd cb7 for cheap that is a stick so i can just start fresh and put new motor in, cuz i want a track car, i wanna do a roll cage and all that kinda good stuff. i also wanna strip the interior and just do basic paneling... im thinking of buyin an automatic h22 and puttin it in my car cuz id really like to keep the path im goin with what ive been doing, im trying to make it just clean as fuck, especially since im the ONLY person in my town with a cb7 i cant wait to be the only one with a h22, an auto none the less. then i wanna buy a 2nd cb and drop a 5spd in there.

dreams......

anyway keep up the good work bro, ur car is comin along nicely

Member Ride Facebook
                      XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                      For Sale Thread

Comment

Oh man its been a while.

@ UrDoneSRH, yeah multiple cb7s would be awesome. When I see shawn.hayden's car, I think DANG I just want a clean cb. Then I see straightedge's car and I think DANG I just want power. Multiple cbs seems like the only solution.

Anyway, I've finally finished off the tank of gas and I just filled it up with 91 for the first time. ($50) I'm hoping I'll lose my knock censor CEL w/ the higher octane gas. Or, I might've been an idiot and wired the knock sensor incorrectly.

I've been a little hesitant to pull too hard with the CEL and 87 octane gas, but my impressions so far is that its a totally different car. I desperately want an m2b4 tranny, tho. If all goes well, I'll purchase one this summer and yank the h22 back out. I'll prolly get the car smogged with the f22 again; I don't think I'm going to be able to BAR the h22 before I need to smog test it in August.

Right when I put the engine in, it idled at about 500 rpm. I remember from my friend's lude that his stock h22 idled @ like 300 rpm. However, with my solid engine mounts, the car vibrates a LOT unless it idles about 1000 rpm. I was wondering what idling rpm you guys usually use for your h22a's. If there's nothing wrong with it, I guess I'll just adjust my idle up to just a bit over 1000 rpm.

On that note, the filled engine mounts are great. Idle is annoying, but there are no annoying vibrations at speed. Its a great way to save 360 bucks by not buying new engine mounts.

I hope to paint my ugly valve cover soon.

Comment

um i have mine at the 750rpm +/- 50 or so. 500 is a tad low...300 is too low. 1000 is a bit excessive......

just adjust the idle speed as needed.
                          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

aite, thanks!

Comment

very clean swap man looks really nice
                              Project EX Coupe Coming Soon...
                              ..::Built not Bought::..

Comment

Hey what's going on Next. Nice to see you got the car up and running and that I could be of some assistance.
                                I wanted to show everyone something that baffled me for awhile on my H22. I have no MAP sensor on my TB. I checked my engine block date and apparently my engine was made in late 1991, I remember my engine came from a 1992 Prelude. I was suppose to show pics awhile back but I broke my foot and have not worked on the car for awhile. This was really throwing me off because I had the H22 MAP sensor and I think a relay separate from the motor. Has anyone come across this also.
                                http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...t=HPIM0448.jpg
                                Last edited by blue93cb; 07-16-2007, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X