• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice swap bro..i`m also done wift my swap.....hehehehe
    Signature Picture removed due to excessive size

VOLVO 240GL bandit crew....all mighty supertank

Comment

2002? But we started in the summer of 2003! (8/03/03 @ 10:00 PM, to be precise... )

How come you joined in 2006 if you've been lurking since the beginning? That's craziness! I'd have to post if I came here to read for so long! Of course... by my post count, you can see I feel the need to post quite often...

Comment

Oh haha. Yeah I phrased it poorly. I was researching about the h22 swap since 2002 but I've been lurking around the site since '04 or so. I remember back when you had to pay 2 buck membership fee in order to write posts.

I really haven't had the need to post much just cause of all the info already posted on the site. Seems like if I discovered anything new about my accord, it had already been covered on the forums. Now that I am actually doing stuff to my accord, I'm pleased that I can write about my experiences.

@ kidd262, good stuff. Its really a great feeling isn't it? I'm glad to see people take care of their possessions.

Comment

I don't recall there being a fee for posting... Steve, the original owner, was contemplating it... and I totally rebelled and drummed enough donations to cover the costs for a year. Not that it matters I'm glad you found what you needed here! That means a lot!

Definitely share your experiences... it's good to have people who can type coherently that have a decent amount of experience!

Comment

yaa bro...just waiting to crank it today....hope it will alive soon.....
            Signature Picture removed due to excessive size

VOLVO 240GL bandit crew....all mighty supertank

Comment

One header and downpipe on it's way tomorrow. Yes I too hope to get that feeling soon. Time and money have halted the swap for now, shoot maybe next weekend, going to wedding in TN. this weekend, I can pull the F22 out. Oh well like my friend said, "at least you have it and can look at it instead of praying you had one to work on." GL

Comment

Cool, I'm looking forward to getting the downpipe.

Alright! Good to hear that another swap's gonna happen. Keep us updated. I'll certainly try to answer any questions you might have. BTW, thanks for letting me know about the axles you have for sale. Unfortunately, I don't need them @ this time. Thanks anyway.

Back to my car, I've been trying to get a hold of some "elusive" rims. I've been looking for them for a while now and I think I just found some. If all goes according to plan, they'll be shipped out Monday. I'll take some pics once they get here.

Comment

you should update your sig lol, hows the H runnin?

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                  1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread
                  Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

nice i love swap threads! reminds me of when i did mine a year ago. hope she is running well.
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

@ almostJDM

haha yeah I totally forgot about that.

Little stuff gets annoying and takes up time. The main thing that I'm wondering about is the MAP sensor. My h22 throttle body is equipped for a MAP sensor directly on top of the tb, instead of having a little connection for a vacuum line to the accord MAP sensor on the firewall. I've heard that generally vacuum lines going to the intake manifold are interchangeable but that the f22 MAP sensor specifically needs a vacuum port on the throttle body. I haven't figured out where I'm going to get a source for the MAP sensor vacuum line yet.

Also, the map sensor that goes on top of my h22a throttle body is broken, so if I adapted my wiring harness to use the h22a thorttle body map sensor, then I'd also have to buy a new MAP sensor.

And then there's my rim problem... (link)

I sound nagging. I guess I'm just a little disoriented cause I haven't driven a manual in several months.

@ timmy0tool, I'm surprised that my swap would remind you of yours. I could only hope to have as clean of a swap as yours. I really wish I could have made it out to the so cal meet this weekend. I'm looking forward to drooling over your car @ the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode
                        @ almostJDM

haha yeah I totally forgot about that.

Little stuff gets annoying and takes up time. The main thing that I'm wondering about is the MAP sensor. My h22 throttle body is equipped for a MAP sensor directly on top of the tb, instead of having a little connection for a vacuum line to the accord MAP sensor on the firewall. I've heard that generally vacuum lines going to the intake manifold are interchangeable but that the f22 MAP sensor specifically needs a vacuum port on the throttle body. I haven't figured out where I'm going to get a source for the MAP sensor vacuum line yet.

Also, the map sensor that goes on top of my h22a throttle body is broken, so if I adapted my wiring harness to use the h22a thorttle body map sensor, then I'd also have to buy a new MAP sensor.

And then there's my rim problem... (link)

I sound nagging. I guess I'm just a little disoriented cause I haven't driven a manual in several months.

@ timmy0tool, I'm surprised that my swap would remind you of yours. I could only hope to have as clean of a swap as yours. I really wish I could have made it out to the so cal meet this weekend. I'm looking forward to drooling over your car @ the next one.
                        The map port is somewhat important yes, because there is a special passage machined into the TB just for it. It is a metered orifice, which is one of the things the engine uses to acurately measure what is going on.

The solution is simple. You can either build an adapter harness, and use the MAP located on the TB (the harness will have a female version of your current MAP plug on one end, and then the other end will plug into the TB MAP), or you can remove that map sensor, and put a little metal nipple in the hole in the center, and then run the vacuum line to that.

Or you can replace the TB.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                          The map port is somewhat important yes, because there is a special passage machined into the TB just for it. It is a metered orifice, which is one of the things the engine uses to acurately measure what is going on.

The solution is simple. You can either build an adapter harness, and use the MAP located on the TB (the harness will have a female version of your current MAP plug on one end, and then the other end will plug into the TB MAP), or you can remove that map sensor, and put a little metal nipple in the hole in the center, and then run the vacuum line to that.

Or you can replace the TB.
                          Yeah, that's pretty much what I had in mind. Always good to hear a second opinion though.

I do have one question tho. How would I go about putting the metal nipple in the hole of the throttle body MAP sensor? Should I just find a fitting and tap into the vacuum feed that the throttle body MAP sensor uses?

Comment

Congrats on the swap. I had the same problem as you did with the H22 pully barely fitting. My solution was to reuse the F22 pully. Makes it easier when it's time to replace the a/c or p/s belts too.

My swap thread
                            Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

First off, thanks for the suggestion, owequitit.

Did a bit of fabricating today to make an adapter for the map sensor.

As mentioned before, I have a MAP sensor on top of my throttle body instead of the usual metered vacuum port. Anyway, the MAP sensor on the top of the throttle body bolts over a MAP sensor vacuum port, so I decided to try to make an adapter that would extend the vacuum from that port back to the map sensor on the firewall.

We shaped an aluminum blank into roughly the size of the MAP sensor on the top of the throttle body and the tapped it so we could use a brass fitting on it. Then we drilled some screw holes in it, replaced an o-ring to get the adapter a little more air tight, and screwed it in.

I'll shape it a little better when I get a chance. It seems to be working effectively so I'm pleased.

Comment

nice job on the swap
                                Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                                Just goes to show, leave the JDM poses to the Nimble, sleek, asians. =)

Comment

Working...
                                X