f20b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f20b

Iam wanting to know how hard is it to convert the motor from 0bd2 to make it a obd1. or would it just be better to do a h22 motor.

Search? Its been covered about 500000000 times. I think its even in the swaps sticky.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i have an f20B vtec and had to be converted to OBD1 and had to change some sensor to take out that eractic idle noise.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
        Search? Its been covered about 500000000 times. I think its even in the swaps sticky.
        x2, its convered in there, read it.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5423

it helped me a lot, it covers almost everything, not everything, but almost

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

rubber chicken |check balloon noodle poodle |check marbels | oh shit.. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod
            i have an f20B vtec and had to be converted to OBD1 and had to change some sensor to take out that eractic idle noise.
            That's right, you have the single cam though, right? I have to see that thing!

The H22 is still better all around. The F20B is a neat motor, but more work and a peakier powerband. The only reason to get it is it you specifically WANT and F20B. I'd love to own one myself, just for the revviness of it... but the H22 makes more power over a wider range.

Comment

is there any places that makes piston rings for this motor?? or anything similar that will work??
              The beginning of a new era............................
              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

i havent found one yet but i know it has the same bore as the f22aX enigne's

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I just got back from the junkyard a few day ago, and I got some piston rings from a f22a1 engine. when I rip apart my f20b, I'll compare it and will def. let you guys know.
                  The beginning of a new era............................
                  165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                  184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

sweet i know theyll be the right size around but the thickness may be different tho i hope not

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread
                    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

This is off topic, and has prob been covered before, but is the F20B block Steel sleeved like a F22/H23, or does it have FRM cyl walls like the H22?
                      -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
                      newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
                      newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
                      newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

Originally posted by heylookitsdylan
                        This is off topic, and has prob been covered before, but is the F20B block Steel sleeved like a F22/H23, or does it have FRM cyl walls like the H22?
                        since its just a de-stroked version of the H22, i would assume it has the FRM clinder walls. i don't know for sure though.
                        Originally posted by deevergote.
                        And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

no it doesnt have frm sleeves i belive its like the f22/h23
                          Last edited by almostJDM; 10-04-2007, 03:05 PM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread

Comment

That's right, you have the single cam though, right? I have to see that thing!

The H22 is still better all around. The F20B is a neat motor, but more work and a peakier powerband. The only reason to get it is it you specifically WANT and F20B. I'd love to own one myself, just for the revviness of it... but the H22 makes more power over a wider range.
                            It seems to me that the F20B would be a better setup for turbo though deev. I assume it has F-series cylinder walls rather then the weaker H-series.

Its OBD2 I'm sure thats why its not a more popular swap (besides the modification necessary and cost).

Comment

Good point, only other thing is...would the .2 displacement but worth getting the H22 for boost over the f20b with the stronger walls

Comment

Working...
                              X