No announcement yet.

just did a head gasket, now not starting, just keeps cranking.....**VIDEO**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds ghetto but a cool way to now if ur timing is off put the dizzy totally retarded.. Which is towards the front of the car.. Tighten the dizzy bolts and try 2 start it.. If it starts ur timing is off.. U can also try advancing..and visa versa.. Its easy with two ppl cause usually u can crank away while the other person moves the dizzy...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
      Sounds ghetto but a cool way to now if ur timing is off put the dizzy totally retarded.. Which is towards the front of the car.. Tighten the dizzy bolts and try 2 start it.. If it starts ur timing is off.. U can also try advancing..and visa versa.. Its easy with two ppl cause usually u can crank away while the other person moves the dizzy...
      I won't hit any valves w/ the pistons or anything will I? So is it not starting b/c of a timing issue? I tried my best to line up the TDC for both the Cam and the Crank before I slipped the belt on the cam gear and checked the tension and it was all good. I even rotated the crank manually 3-4 times w/ the ratchet and nothing was hitting the valves/pistons

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i can definitely smell gas, so the injectors work. I just went over all the connections near the dizzy/coil and everything is plugged in, the wires are all in the correct order on the dizzy, as well as in the head.

All vacuum lines are plugged into the plenum, EGR is plugged in w/ that vacuum line, IACV is plugged in, All injectors have connections nice and tight.

I have a full tank of fresh gas, put in 1 week ago.

I have a feeling ignition/timing is the problem somewhere, cus theres PLENTY of fuel. I'm getting a headache from all the fumes in my garage so I'm going to call it a night.

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

No u won't hit anything because that's just ignition timing aka spark.. Not cam timing..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
            No u won't hit anything because that's just ignition timing aka spark.. Not cam timing..
            okay i'll try tomorrow what you suggested, retarding the timing by moving the dizzy all the way forwards and then advancing it all the way rearwards.

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Boooo do it now lol...

< at work...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

advanced the dizzy all the way back on the block....didn't do it......retarded the dizzy all the way forward, still no start.

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

did you take apart the dizzy at all?

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                    advanced the dizzy all the way back on the block....didn't do it......retarded the dizzy all the way forward, still no start.

Have you pulled a spark plug out and checked to see if you are getting spark?

Comment

tahha sheeit wow 4 in the morning?!?! u guys are crazy haha, but uh..not to make you sound stupid or anything, but ya make sure them battery connections are tight? hahaha just hoping it was something simpler

*Needs*
                      -New shocks
                      -Struts
                      -Drop
                      -Cleaning
                      -New Tires/Wheels
                      -New Window Tint
                      -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

I'm thinking physical timing is off or your not getting spark from the coil. Also, if you're cranking sounds faster than normal, then your valves may be stuck in the valve guides from the headwork. You can take a nylon mallet to each valve a few times to loosen them up if that's the case. I'm still not convinced you have the firing order on the dizzy cap correct, so that could be an issue as well. Check your PM, get me the info I requested, we'll start diagnosing.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

CB7 tuner FTMW jajajajja

my guess is cam timing, dont let urself guide by the arrow in the cam sprocket, there are 2 vertical lines in the sprocket the should be in line with the head

most people don realize this but, our engines are leaned back, so if u put the arrow straight up its gonna be outta timing, the lines gotta match the head
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91 View Post
                            did you take apart the dizzy at all?
                            I just took the 3 bolts off the dizzy and left the wires intact as I remove it from the cylinder head.
                            Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper View Post
                            Have you pulled a spark plug out and checked to see if you are getting spark?
                            I havn't checked this yet, so what do I do just pull a wire out and start cranking? holding it w/ some pliers or something?
                            Originally posted by Djmoua View Post
                            tahha sheeit wow 4 in the morning?!?! u guys are crazy haha, but uh..not to make you sound stupid or anything, but ya make sure them battery connections are tight? hahaha just hoping it was something simpler
                            I made sure I tightened the negative cable back on.
                            Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                            I'm thinking physical timing is off or your not getting spark from the coil. Also, if you're cranking sounds faster than normal, then your valves may be stuck in the valve guides from the headwork. You can take a nylon mallet to each valve a few times to loosen them up if that's the case. I'm still not convinced you have the firing order on the dizzy cap correct, so that could be an issue as well. Check your PM, get me the info I requested, we'll start diagnosing.
                            I did a valve adjustment before I installed the head back on since the rocker arms were removed when the machine shop did the valve job.
                            Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                            CB7 tuner FTMW jajajajja

my guess is cam timing, dont let urself guide by the arrow in the cam sprocket, there are 2 vertical lines in the sprocket the should be in line with the head

most people don realize this but, our engines are leaned back, so if u put the arrow straight up its gonna be outta timing, the lines gotta match the head
                            yeah I'm pretty positive that I lined up everything, cam and crank, but i'm going to double check once again.

member's ride thread
                            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

check timming. your probably off a cupple teeth on the t-belt
                              miss my turbo cb7
                              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

That sounds like your plug wires are are mixed up somewhere. I kinda want to bet you've got the wires rotated 90 degrees on the distributor. I've done that a few times and get a very similar result. If your timing belt was off it'd probably not even try to start or you've got 16 messed up valves now if you put it on 180 degrees off. 2 teeth on the belt will still let the car run, just run like crap.

This is a teggie, but it's the same disty cap...

On our cars I believe 3 is the top position and 1 is closest to the firewall. I could be very wrong as I'm going off memory.

As for testing for spark, DO NOT hold the plug with plyers. Remove the plug and while it's still plugged into the spark plug wire, place it against the valve cover or block somewhere. Have someone crank the motor. Watch for a spark between the plug and the metal object or across the plug gap.

Comment

Working...
                                X