Wanted: JDM Ascot front end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: JDM Ascot front end

where can i find an Ascot nose without having to physically travel to japan and unbolt it from the car myself.

i saw the pics and fell in love instantly
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

I want pics of this front end.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

they were on a thread here but i can't find it now

www.tradecarview.com/stock/japan_car/3/1122/

here is some pics

the 93 ecb-1

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm love !!

Comment

they're ok idk if id like that front end on a cb tho.
        I'm So JDM My Heart Is On The Right

Cappuccino Member #11
        G-Square For Sale PM Me.
        Rear Fog For Sale PM Me.

Comment

it looks like it has the vigor engine

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

for the lazy:
            峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Why not just get a Vigor front end? Supposedly everything bolts right up if you get the fenders/hood/bumper/lights
              VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                Why not just get a Vigor front end? Supposedly everything bolts right up if you get the fenders/hood/bumper/lights
                That is not true. A Vigor front end conversion requires significant modification. Only two members here have done it (both cars have been sold... PRIMOCB7 and Rebels)

Comment

True, they did both have kits...

Then again, if everything bolted up, I don't think either of them would've dropped so much dough to have all that custom work done. They DO make body kits for Vigors...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                    True, they did both have kits...

Then again, if everything bolted up, I don't think either of them would've dropped so much dough to have all that custom work done. They DO make body kits for Vigors...
                    browsin thru members ride i saw another cb with the front vigor light i think his name is xscott .. he did not have a body kit
                    under contruction!

Comment

I lost track of Scott's project a while ago... he doesn't post much anymore. He's definitely one that could've done it, though.

Comment

it might just be worth it for me to go to japan

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17 View Post
                          These were each done using only the headlights I thought? Didn't Adam use a cb7 body kit front bumper and then cut up his headlights? I believe Primo was rocking a body kit as well. Its been so long since I've seen either. I would imagine if you had all the parts to bolt up and they were all for the same car it would require much less modification than what Rebels put into his car.
                          It's still not a straight forward swap. I got bored and took the hood off a vigor and slapped it on a cb7 at the junkyard. The width of the hood is ok, however it is about 4-5inches longer up front. The cb7 hood hinges were not a direct swap as the hood holes didn't line up. You need to acquire the vigor hinges somehow drill mount them to the cb7 frame also because the accord ones don't sit flush with the vigor hood.

The fenders don't look like they are a bolt on affair either because they are wider and will definitely overlap the cb7s sideskirt where they sit near the bottom. Either a hybrid fender needs to be made or

I had a Inspire front end which is basically a different faced vigor (no headlight fogs, fogs were integrated into the huge turn signals)

The bumper will bolt on with a accord bumper support with mods but the bumper itself is shorter than the accord bumper by 2-3inches where it meets the fender.

There is one guy that has a real complete front end conversion. The only way to know how to do it would be through him. I imagine lots of bodywork has been done especially with the hood not bolting on perfectly in the first place. Maybe the front radiator support was welded in to support the hood and fenders...who knows?

Oh btw, do you happen to have any more shifters?
                          Last edited by Kurobei; 09-08-2008, 11:07 PM.
                          I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                          707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                          "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

CC2 Lights. Top portion of the radiator support was modified, Hood was shavened and fitted due to fitment of the lights. The rest of the car had a body kit, different front, rear, and sides.
                            RETIRED...

Comment

i posted pics of two CB3's here rocking the Vigor front end.

and there's also an Accord with the Ascot front end, and also an Ascot with the Accord front end.

We have practically everything here

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                              Honda Accord Euro-R
                              Honda Odyssey Absolute
                              Honda City I-DSi
                              Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
                              X