oil filters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil filters!

so who here likes fram oil filters...lol i do...so if u guys dont then share what u do like and y.
    just thought it would be cool to share the info that way some one may see y to get a certain kind for the next time they change oil.
    ~CB7 Phoenix~

(picture missing help me get a new one )

The California White Tux
    *and its alive!! hahaha*
    *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

the 4 best IMHO!

1) Mobil-1 filter
    2) Amsoil filter
    3) Wix/ Napa gold
    4) K&N Gold Filter

later

Comment

fram is horrible. they use cardboard.

i use OEM since i get it for free.

Comment

^^^^^LOL^^^^ you got your post in just as i had a brain fart trying to think of what i was typing lol.

I vote Mobil-1

There have been numerous articles on Fram filters not being good internally, regardless of use of convinience from the outside. The filtering media inside has failed numerous times. I use Mobil-1 on all my cars (including parents cars). So, either Mobil-1 or Genuine OEM filter.
        Last edited by Sobeman81; 09-15-2008, 09:29 PM.

Comment

i use fram since it's free for me

it's just my f22a1 daily driver, if i had a h22 i would use TOP shit =)

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

there's two threads I know of dealing with why NOT to use fram oil filters, and which one's to use

They are poorly made and with cheap materials...IE cardboard like material

guff of those threads is found here
            http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfi...lterstudy.html
            ____

Comment

Originally posted by xfactortype1 View Post
              1) Mobil-1 filter
              2) Amsoil filter
              3) Wix/ Napa gold
              4) K&N Gold Filter

later

All are good
              The current Bosch filters that are marked Made in USA are fine also
              Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Purolator makes me happy as of late.
                wat?

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post

i use OEM since i get it for free.
                  x2. straight from the dealer

Comment

I'd use any name brand filter if I got 'em for free, unless it had an actual issue.
                    Been getting Napa Golds (aka Wix, made by Dana) for the last few years for the CB, mom's van, and lawn tractor. $7 and use 'em twice.
                    Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Originally posted by alkoholikwun View Post
                      x2. straight from the dealer
                      x3

Oem honda all the way

Comment

I've been using STP, not knowing they switched to a paper endcap instead of the metal one they USED to have a year ago. But this time I popped in a K&N oil filter in and my car seems to get better mileage, like 2-3mpg better. Bumped me up from 20 to almost 23.

But from now on, I think I'm gonna use Mobil 1 Oil filters since they're clones of K&N's yet 30% cheaper.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

for a daily driver, it's the lack of oil changes is what hurts the motor as opposed to the quality.

with that being said, id use a fram any day of the week because i change my shit every 2500. i also tear apart the oil filter and inspect them.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i like to use OEM s2000 oil filters. The normal OEM filters are actually made by honeywell which is the parent company of FRAM. There are also pictures of the regular OEM filters cut open and it shows similar construction as FRAM filters.

Comment

Fram =

i use Napa Gold/Wix since they are free to me.

if i didnt use those i would run factory honda filters.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Working...
                              X