X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
    fram is horrible. they use cardboard.

i use OEM since i get it for free.
    agreed .. I also use oem (I get the hook up)

I cant stand mobil products not for their product, I used to work with this douche that retired from there and I swore i would not put dime into his pension .
    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Okay...enough with the arm twisting already!

I will take off the FRAM this weekend dammit. It will be easy because it has cool, grippy paint/tape on the end so I can take it off by hand.

So now I'm gonna have to use tools and schitt???

Life was easier b4 CB7Tuner...now I have to deal with all this knowledge, and wisdom, and advice...dagnabit. Cant I just drive the damned thing like any other car? What the hell is so terrible about catastrophic engine failure anydamnway?
      Ray
      1992 EX Sedan, Manual
      CB7Tuner Illuminati Member #: 18362

JGY Honda

Comment

haha yeah i only get fram kuz they havent done me wrong so far maybe dat cardboard is there for a reason but when i hit 3 mo. and i got my new ECU in since ima make better power ima upgrade lol
        ~CB7 Phoenix~

(picture missing help me get a new one )

The California White Tux
        *and its alive!! hahaha*
        *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

Originally posted by i_rebel View Post
          Okay...enough with the arm twisting already!

I will take off the FRAM this weekend dammit. It will be easy because it has cool, grippy paint/tape on the end so I can take it off by hand.

So now I'm gonna have to use tools and schitt???

Life was easier b4 CB7Tuner...now I have to deal with all this knowledge, and wisdom, and advice...dagnabit. Cant I just drive the damned thing like any other car? What the hell is so terrible about catastrophic engine failure anydamnway?
          thats how they get you to buy them in the first place. being lazier.

just use the proper tools.
          usually tools arent even required for most oil filter changes.
          only a 17 to remove the drain.

if you need a filter wrench for a honda filter then you did it too tight/forgot to oil the gasket the first time.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

fram is a coffee filter

i use bosch premium, honda filters are about the same.

s2000 filters are the best oem filters.

Comment

i only use fram when i have emergency oil changes(basiclly stuck in my hometown, Visalia, with nowhere to buy shit but from autozone/kragen/Walmart)

I try to opt to get Mobil-1, when available, but they are pricey(autozone/kragen/Walmart).

But when i do regular maintenance I use Wix
              -:¦:-
              Originally posted by wed3k
              i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

wow i didnt know about the cardboard thing, well anyways for the people that get s2000 oil filters is it because they are smaller? do they fit f22 and h22?

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
                  wow i didnt know about the cardboard thing, well anyways for the people that get s2000 oil filters is it because they are smaller? do they fit f22 and h22?
                  S2k filters are physically larger than the regular PLM Honda filter. They are almost identical to the old P0H Honda filter that we used to stock about 5 years ago. People freaked out when Honda superseded to the current filter just because of the decrease in size. I had an older guy that insisted I had no idea what I was doing when I brought the new PLM out.

I am interested in the comment someone made earlier about Honeywell being the parent company of Fram. I would be interested in seeing a Honda filter opened up, just to see how it is constructed.
                  1992 Accord EX 4dr 5spd - SOLD after just over a decade of ownership
                  2000 Subaru Legacy GT wagon 5spd
                  AHM Platinum Parts Counterperson

Comment

I use oem filters since I get them from work for free. I was lucky enough to find 2 cases of the old p0h filters. Now we only carry the plm filters.
                    1990 LX Coupe-----1992 LX Sedan

Comment

I wish we still had some P0H filters. I only use Honda filters as well. I don't get them for free, but I do bill them out . . . cheap.

Comment

how much more expensive are S2k Oil filters? if they're cheaper than Mobil 1 ones I might try that next time.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I will have to try to remember to check on Monday when I go to work. I really can't remember off the top of my head.

Comment

i use oem honda filters :tu

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                              how much more expensive are S2k Oil filters? if they're cheaper than Mobil 1 ones I might try that next time.
                              S2K filter - 15400-PCX-004 - $11.68 retail

Comment

When I first bought the car I used Fram for ONE oil change. Switched to OEM for a while, then to Purolator and stayed with them for a couple of years. Now I'm running Amsoil.

I should have waited a while before switching to Amsoil though, now I have a bunch of Purolator filters laying around with no car to put them on.
                                Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Working...
                                X