Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car reving from 1200 rpm to 2500 rpm on its own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car reving from 1200 rpm to 2500 rpm on its own?

MY accord recently started doing this, making the car run hot, and it auto rev's it by itself, and even if im in D it'll pull me forward even with the brakes engaged..this is seriously unsafe, any solutions? I've searched on idle controls but i dont think thats hte problem?

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
    out of the game for now but looking

Try looking at cleaning you IACV on the front of the intake manifiold or the FITV on the side of it.

There is a DiY thread on the IACV. try i and see whats going on.

Comment

my brothers prelude with a f22a is doing the samething. im going to try to swap Throttle bodies and go from there. i might try bleeding the coolant agian cuz that can cause that also. other than that i have no clue

Comment

Make sure your coolant is full and burp it and it should go away....then if it dont its your IACV.

Comment

Before you go out and re and re a throttlebody, try adjusting the fast idle valve. It is located on the intake manifold and has 2 coolant hoses going to it and 2 +screws holding down a cap. Open up the cap and use a quarter or a large flathead and spin the black outer ring clockwise until the bouncing idle stops.

If that doesn't help, remove the IACV from the manifold (located beside the FIV). Use some throttlebody or carb cleaner to clean all the carbon on both holes.

BTW, the bouncing idle shouldn't make the car run hot. Maybe the fans aren't working? Or maybe there is air in the cooling system?

Comment

the car gets hot cuz it keeps reving like that..and has a coolant leak, if its water it'll stay in there but the normal coolant to cool the car just drips out? and ha only 1 fan runs and i didnt think either of them worked.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990AccordBoy View Post
              the car gets hot cuz it keeps reving like that..and has a coolant leak, if its water it'll stay in there but the normal coolant to cool the car just drips out? and ha only 1 fan runs and i didnt think either of them worked.
              the car revving up and down in a seperate problem from fans working.

fix the source of the coolant leak, check for vacuum leaks, check resistance at IACV and also make sure the FITV is operating correctly. i pulled my condenser fan and i never over heat.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

im not to good wit cars ima have my friend look at these for me ill get back to here when he sees mayb whats wrong

Comment

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
                  Before you go out and re and re a throttlebody, try adjusting the fast idle valve. It is located on the intake manifold and has 2 coolant hoses going to it and 2 +screws holding down a cap. Open up the cap and use a quarter or a large flathead and spin the black outer ring clockwise until the bouncing idle stops.

If that doesn't help, remove the IACV from the manifold (located beside the FIV). Use some throttlebody or carb cleaner to clean all the carbon on both holes.

BTW, the bouncing idle shouldn't make the car run hot. Maybe the fans aren't working? Or maybe there is air in the cooling system?
                  i have done that also. still doing the samething. i want to check it out but no garage space right now

Comment

http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SN/A990200.PDF

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                    where you been, is something wrong?
                    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Sounds like you have lots of problems.

Car shouldn't get hot.

Brakes should hold the car.
                      wat?

Comment

i say map sensor is acting up
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

im selling it. i just dont want the new owner to die at an intersection with a 91,000 "reliable" honda. i chekced the IACV nothing..idk wheree a map sensor would be.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990AccordBoy View Post
                            im selling it. i just dont want the new owner to die at an intersection with a 91,000 "reliable" honda. i chekced the IACV nothing..idk wheree a map sensor would be.

dont sell it....take your time and go through it...get a Chilton or Haynes manual...or just take your time and look through this forum.

its not hard to do.

if the car is getting hot...and its idling funny...bleed your cooling system.

try this...with the car cold....open the radiator cap....if theres no coolant visible..put some in...top it off...put some coolant in the overflow bottle.. ( to LOW )

run it for a little while...when it gets to normal operating temperature...turn the heat on FULL BLAST..so the coolant goes through the heatercore.

turn it to HOT and turn the fan to HIGH.

open your windows..so it doesn't get too hot inside the car.

thats how I got rid of my airbubble. without bleeding it.

I just waited overnight...open the radiator..and found some coolant missing...filled up the radiator...closed it back...put some coolant in the overflow bottle ( LOW )...ran it till the got to normal temp...and the fan kicked on..then turned the heat on.

I drove it for about 15 minutes...

came back home...and the up and down Idle was gone. ( this was right after a waterpump and timing belt change )

but like WED3K said...and follow it. fix the leak first.
                            92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                            My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

The map sensor is located in the black box near the fuse box
                              miss my turbo cb7
                              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Working...
                              X