alternator not charging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternator not charging?

hey guys, as some of you might know i jut recently got an h22 swapped in my accord and had a couple of problemsbut solved most of them( thanx to this site and many people, and now ran into another problem, now the alternator dont want to charge? any suggestions, its a 91 accord with a jdm h22 with auto lsd. we checked everything but it seems fine, we cant come up with a solution, any help appreciated.... thanx

91 ex coupe-daily
    91 2.0si (cb6)original RHD-project
    R.I.P sedan.... will be missed

Is the alt getting power? Check the connections, take the alt to autozone and have them test it.
    93 ex coupe

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164698

Comment

Here a few things to check.

#1 Make sure Fuse 32 (it should be 100Amp) is not blown.

#2 Make sure the White/ Green wire coming out of the alternator is not grounded out and that it goes to Pin A16 in the ECU

#3 Make sure that the White / Red wire coming out of the alternator is not grounded out and that it goes to pin D9 in the ECU

#4 Check the Green/Black wire coming out of the under hood fuse box and make sure that I goes to pin D10 in the ECU

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Originally posted by dee88 View Post
        Is the alt getting power? Check the connections, take the alt to autozone and have them test it.
        got a new one, because the old one failed, amd still the ssame problem?????

91 ex coupe-daily

Comment

Originally posted by vh22accord View Post
          Here a few things to check.

#1 Make sure Fuse 32 (it should be 100Amp) is not blown.

#2 Make sure the White/ Green wire coming out of the alternator is not grounded out and that it goes to Pin A16 in the ECU

#3 Make sure that the White / Red wire coming out of the alternator is not grounded out and that it goes to pin D9 in the ECU

#4 Check the Green/Black wire coming out of the under hood fuse box and make sure that I goes to pin D10 in the ECU
          thanx, i will try to check that today and see what i come up with!!

91 ex coupe-daily

Comment

ok, so, we had a faulty alternator so i returned it and got another one so we slap it on and we still got the same problem, we even checked the wiring and everything seems fine, any suggestions??????

91 ex coupe-daily

Comment

How are you checking for charge? If you use a voltmeter on the battery with the car it should be about 14 volts. The belt tension should be at most a 1/2" of play. You can also check the alt circuit continuity(disconnect battery) with a vm from the plug to the battery cable terminal. Thats the easiet way to find a break or short in the wiring. Otherwise you have another bad alternator.

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Thug View Post
                How are you checking for charge? If you use a voltmeter on the battery with the car it should be about 14 volts. The belt tension should be at most a 1/2" of play. You can also check the alt circuit continuity(disconnect battery) with a vm from the plug to the battery cable terminal. Thats the easiet way to find a break or short in the wiring. Otherwise you have another bad alternator.
                yea, we tryed everything we could possibly try and got nothing, so we are calling in an electrician to help cus this is a headache

91 ex coupe-daily

Comment

Try replacing your battery when replacing the alternator.
                  "form follows function."
                  Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by Chan_Man View Post
                    Try replacing your battery when replacing the alternator.
                    we tryed 4 different ones and still nothing....... this sukks

91 ex coupe-daily

Comment

have you tried checking for voltage directly out of the alternator? also check your grounds by your battery there should be two make sure the one on the fender is tight.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Originally posted by vh22accord View Post
                        have you tried checking for voltage directly out of the alternator? also check your grounds by your battery there should be two make sure the one on the fender is tight.
                        YEAP, CHECKED AND STILL NOTHING????????

91 ex coupe-daily

Comment

I changed up to 3 alternators on one car at the same time, all 3 alternators were faulty. Where are you buying these alternators from and in what condition. Go get one from Honda and at least you'll know its good. The rebuilt ones suck, (most of the time). Usually the voltage regulator inside fucked. Get a volt meter and check the the green plug that goes to the alternator. Turn the key on, engine off and see if your getting power, try it with the engine on as well. That will save you trouble of checking the ecu pins like vh22accord suggested. Good luck.
                          FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                          Pm meX
                          I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                          H22A Swap
                          I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
                            I changed up to 3 alternators on one car at the same time, all 3 alternators were faulty. Where are you buying these alternators from and in what condition. Go get one from Honda and at least you'll know its good. The rebuilt ones suck, (most of the time). Usually the voltage regulator inside fucked. Get a volt meter and check the the green plug that goes to the alternator. Turn the key on, engine off and see if your getting power, try it with the engine on as well. That will save you trouble of checking the ecu pins like vh22accord suggested. Good luck.
                            thanx for the suggestions, for some reason everything checks out perfect but still no charge, and the alternator got it from autozone and had the test it because the first one was faulty.....so idk

91 ex coupe-daily

Comment

Originally posted by 91_accord_coupe View Post
                              thanx for the suggestions, for some reason everything checks out perfect but still no charge, and the alternator got it from autozone and had the test it because the first one was faulty.....so idk
                              Check that green plug to the alternator for Ref voltage then
                              FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                              Pm meX
                              I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                              H22A Swap
                              I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Working...
                              X