90 accord DX left rear window goes down but not up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 accord DX left rear window goes down but not up

Getting my sons first car on the road. Now we're a 2 CB7 family. The left rear window goes down but not up. Anybody know how to test the switch, motor, & regulator to see which it is that's bad?

Thanks

Ironhead
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

So it's a DX? DX's don't have power windows.

Both the master switch and the door switch don't make it go up? Take off the door panel and apply direct power to the motor, swap polarity to change direction. The regulator could also be broken.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

99 percent it's a DX. Neither switch makes it go up. Is there a test for the switch? Have found a few new motor/regulator units on Ebay for $43 with a 1 year warranty. Want to make sure it's not something else before spending the $$$$ first. It's his first car and I'm sure he would rather spend his $$$ on look good stuff instead of parts that are not bad.

Thanks
      Ironhead
      LIVE FREE OR DIE

Comment

probably off the track?
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If there is a switch its sounds like power windows, and therefore should be at least an LX--stateside. Otherwise, you'd be talking about windows crank handles.
          '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
          EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

I appreciate the info but regardless of whether it's a dx, lx or xxx it has power windows. I have taken out the motor/regulator assembly and pushed the glass back up to close the hole for now.

Again I ask. Is there anything else I should check and how to see if it's something besides the motor/reg display?
            LIVE FREE OR DIE

Comment

OK you guys are right and I was wrong. It is an EX. Is there any way to test the switches? also is there anything between the switch and the motor/regulator I need to check?

Thanks

Ironhead
              LIVE FREE OR DIE

Comment

What switch are you using to wind up the windows?? The rear switches or the front master switch or both?? Even if the regulator was bad, it would at least try to go back up slightly is it goes off track. Those switches are pretty small and cheap, worth picking up at the junkyard to test it out. Also if you open the switch, if its bad theres usually a burnt contact
                FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                Pm meX
                I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                H22A Swap
                I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Using both switches. Nothing happens on the up side, not even a sound. Leaving for FL today for a funeral but will begin testing this weekend.

Thanks for all the advice and info.

Ironhead
                  LIVE FREE OR DIE

Comment

i had the same problem it sounds like the master switch for the windows which is that big switch on the driver door that controls all the windows. when that goes bad the other switchs act up as well but they may not be the problem they feed off the master switch. should be about $40 at the local junk yard

Comment

Working...
                    X