2.4 engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.4 engine swap

i researched on here and never seen anyone post this, so thought it would be a fun thread. if i get a lot of feedback, i might do the swap to mine. i was looking around browsing and came across an 06 accord 2.4 liter ivtec motor. would this somewhat bolt in the car because its a 310hp motor already and instead of wasting money on an h22, f22, f20, h23 etc., i can get this with 100hp more. any suggestions, comments anybody?

93 accord coupe lxr
    10 fusion se slammed

k series right? i dont know about the newer accords
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

For that extra 100 hp your probably looking at 5 grand for parts to swap it. Look at 2point6's car he has a similar motor in it. Unless you got the money to blow a H22 is your other cheaper easier alternaitve. And I don't think the accord V6 makes 310 hp let alone the 2.4L.
      -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

Hasport makes the mounts. Are you sure about 310 hp? You may be thinking of the V6. The K24 is 160hp
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

CB7 K24 engine swap by 2point6: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=2point6

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I think the only engine that makes around 300hp is the acura J37...
            wat?

Comment

well i contacted the guy that is selling it he said he had it in his civic coupe and sunk in 5k on internals. sorry for the misconfusion. but i guess i'm wrong again because it'll be cheaper to do the h23 vtec swap then the k24.

93 accord coupe lxr
              10 fusion se slammed

Comment

Yuuup but everybody has that swap. Dare to be different and at least attempt it. One day when I get enough know how i will attempt a K24 swap. There really isnt a writeup on it yet and wish there would be.

Comment

I'd think about trying to fit that v6, myself. But first I would do a lot of research about that engine, and see if it was worth doing.

Btw wtf did you hear it had 310hp? The 2.4 has about 165hp stock, and the 3.0 v6 has about 245hp for the 2006 model.
                  91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread
                  bought from: xkjnboix, new_beginnings

Comment

Originally posted by blakmetal.honda View Post
                    I'd think about trying to fit that v6, myself. But first I would do a lot of research about that engine, and see if it was worth doing.

Btw wtf did you hear it had 310hp? The 2.4 has about 165hp stock, and the 3.0 v6 has about 245hp for the 2006 model.
                    I think he said that specific motor he is talking about puts out around 310 due to the 5k in internal work completed.

Comment

Ahh okay. In that case, GO FOR IT DUDE!!! lol
                      91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread
                      bought from: xkjnboix, new_beginnings

Comment

Working...
                      X