This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecu for best Mpg

Is there a Ecu, that would give you the best mpg?

Stock F22a6 220 on a single tank of gas, also whats the reading when you guys get at half coming from a full tank of gas? I be at like 130

first of all there is no possible way a stock F22A6 is getting 220 miles on one tank. an F22A6 gets anywhere between 380-600 miles on one tank depending on location, time of the year, driving style, tires, number of passengers, etc..
    if you are getting 220 that means you are either not calculating properly or your engine is in extremely poor condition

and the ecu that will give you the best gas mileage is the one designed for your engine - the F22A6 ecu.

you could get a chipped ecu or aftermarket engine management and have it professionally fine tuned. this would definitely improve your highway gas mileage but it is hard to say by how much, possibly no more than 5%. the cost of doing this would be much greater than gas savings.

Comment

Originally posted by 91@CCORD74 View Post
      Is there a Ecu, that would give you the best mpg?

Stock F22a6 220 on a single tank of gas, also whats the reading when you guys get at half coming from a full tank of gas? I be at like 130
      When was the last time you did a tune up? That damn sure won't cause you to get that bad of gas mileage but something is wrong.

Comment

Ignition timing is correct
        Spark plugs new
        Spark plug wires new
        Dizzy New
        No A/c

I mean damn could it be my O2 sensor causing that much of damage???

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93
          its has to be your driving style.. stop always going over the speed limit.. when starting from a stop give it alittle gas dont jump on it..
          Dude i keeps it under on on 3000rpm,

Comment

Sounds like a bad sensor.....most likely an o2 sensor. Could also be IAT sensor, TPS, EGR valve or ports.
            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

could be a dirty o2 sensor, a clogged cat, your driving style, an injector that is stuck open...
              96 mx-6, needs work...
              91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

Yeah i've gotten over 400 out of a tank but it was straight interstate the entire time lol. I-10W going to Texas from Florida. There's no turning or anything you just drive. But I want to say i'm normally averaging 350 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7
                  How are you calculating how many miles per gallon you're getting?
                  Ill fill up my car, drive it till im almost on e, fill it back up and how ever many gallons it take to fill it up i divide that by how many miles are on my speedometer

Comment

Your stock F22a6 (PT6) ECU is the best option.

You are not attacking the root cause of your problem, which is something is wrong with your engine. It may be a tune-up issue or something else, but you need to take care of that.

My motor is running properly, as I maintain it. I have a F22a4 with PT3 stock ECU and it gets me 32-33.5 MPG, mostly highway driving 70-80 mph average.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by 91@CCORD74 View Post
                      Ignition timing is correct
                      Spark plugs new
                      Spark plug wires new
                      Dizzy New
                      No A/c

I mean damn could it be my O2 sensor causing that much of damage???
                      If you have done the above, that is a good start.

Other things to look for are a bad O2 sensor, yes it can result in horrible gas mileage. In addition, MAP sensor, IAT (intake air temp), O2 sensor. Check your fuel injectors as well and/or remove and clean them. Check your air filter, replace if necessary. Look for vacuum leaks, is your idle normal? Make sure your fuel pressure regulator is working properly. Check your cat. converter is working properly as well. Now, your ECU could be bad, but should be replaced with a good working PT6 replacement (bad ECU code, CEL stays on when checking and does not blink).

www.cruzinperformance.net will clean injectors & flow test them for you, cheap and quick turnaround.

BOTTOMLINE: Something is wrong with your engine and/or engine sensors. Fix it and you will have a reliable, great gas mileage car.
                      Last edited by HondaFan81; 09-18-2009, 12:40 PM.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                      X