question after a coolant line blew...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question after a coolant line blew...

I have a 91 EX, the hose leading to the heater core valve blew and I lost all my coolant. This made the car overheat, so I pulled over and it shut off by itself. I changed the line and all the spark plugs (one of them was burnt). Now the car idles rough between 500 and 900, and shakes when it's in drive like its going to die again, any help is appreciated, and if you need anymore info let me know. Thanks

Did you bleed coolant system? Gap plugs correctly?
    My Honda

Comment

Probably warped the head/blown head gasket.
      wat?

Comment

I bled the coolant system, and the plugs are gapped to .044, are there any ways to check for a warped head or gasket? The oil wasn't milky, and as of right now any bubbles in the coolant COULD be exhaust but are probably all the air caught in the system

Comment

only way is to pressure test the colling system.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by lowincome View Post
            I bled the coolant system, and the plugs are gapped to .044, are there any ways to check for a warped head or gasket? The oil wasn't milky, and as of right now any bubbles in the coolant COULD be exhaust but are probably all the air caught in the system
            How could bubbles in the coolant be from the exhaust?
            1) Do a compression test.
            2) Do a cylinder leakdown test.
            3) Do a cooling system pressure test.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
            X