F22a4 In-Vehicle Stock Engine Refresh Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An update on this 90 Accord EX 5MT....

Car has 427K miles and still being driven every day. Starts right up for my sister very quickly, no signs of powertrain dying. Last engine oil change, I made note it is not safe for me to jack up the car and get under it anymore. Stock jackpoints are corroded and push up into frame, the unibody lower frame rails are even corroded somewhat toward vehicle front, I have to put jacks farther toward rear of vehicle on those frame rails to get any good metal.

My sister knows the body will fall apart before anything, so she's saving up for a newer vehicle replacement, but that will not happen for 1 year. I'll try to get some photos of the car before its final days. I'm thinking we'll just get some metal money for it and have it junked unfortunately later in time. May strip off some key parts before then.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

There's nothing unfortunate about a car lasting for 427K miles plus whatever she continues to put on it before that day comes. It's done more than could have been expected of it.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

That's sad to see it go but at almost 500k in miles you got more than your moneys worth! I don't know whether or not to say congrats!!! lol
        The CB7 Collector.
        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
        92 LX Coupe F22A1
        2013 Toyota Corolla S
        92 EX Sedan F22A1
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

427,226 miles on it as of today.

It was going to junkyard for metal money, but received a similar offer for someone that would like to use it as a parts car for another project Accord. So it will sold and picked up today.

This is a Japanese JHM build 1990 Accord sedan 5MT with original engine and transaxle, only the hone/piston ring refresh and reconditioned head. We've had it since 216,XXX miles in our family. Perhaps its parts will live on in other Accords, more fitting than the unknown at a junkyard.

Last Photos

Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-13-2013, 05:03 PM.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
          X