need help ASAP (Brake lights)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help ASAP (Brake lights)

just got back from work and notice that my taillights are on including the third brake light, and i can't seem to turn them off, whats causing this and how can i fix it??? please help....

edit: the car was not driven today

view my ride: My Ride

u need a new brake switch its on the brake pedel u make sure u on hook your batery if not it will die there like 20 dollers at the part store

Comment

are u sure man?

can anybody else back him up??

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
        are u sure man?

can anybody else back him up??
        He's right .. it happened to me also ..
        went to dinner with my lady, came outta the restaurant and my brake lights and 3rd were lit up.

So yeah, I forget which switch it was .. but my mech found it under my dash ..

Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

IIRC the switch has a plastic mounting tab that breaks easily. I believe Leung had the same issue a while back and he used a small nut and bolt to mount it back up with no problems. Stick your head under the dash and see if you can find the broken off switch swinging around near the break pedal shaft. It should be pretty easy to decide if you need a new one or just need to find a way to remount it.

Comment

thank you guys

Comment

yes, its a super common problem, and not just with our accords. We actually had a small Atlanta meet earlier in the year at a Sonic, and one of the employees there had the same problem with her 5th gen accord. Also happened in my car. the plastic piece is really inexpensive and a quick fix. Good luck

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

thank u..i'll go check that out now

Comment

no problem

Comment

If you can't find the plastic piece for the repair get a bolt and nut that will fill the hole where the plastic is supposed to go with the bolt head on side that touches the brake light switch and this will give you a fix either permanent or until you get a stopper for it. Did this on my son's 90 EX and it is still working just fine.
                    LIVE FREE OR DIE

Comment

can anybody please post a pic where this hole is supposed to be, cause i can't find the damn hole..thanks

Comment

any help please i'm here outside trying to find the hole but i don't see anything...

Comment

Somewhere aong the brake pedal shaft (I want to say close to the steering column housing). It shouldn't be hard to find. Have you discovered that the switch is hanging loose for sure? I don't have any pics of that area to show you, or I would.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                            Somewhere aong the brake pedal shaft (I want to say close to the steering column housing). It shouldn't be hard to find. Have you discovered that the switch is hanging loose for sure? I don't have any pics of that area to show you, or I would.
                            there is nothing hanging or loose, but i'll keep searching for it, thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by ironhead View Post
                              If you can't find the plastic piece for the repair get a bolt and nut that will fill the hole where the plastic is supposed to go with the bolt head on side that touches the brake light switch and this will give you a fix either permanent or until you get a stopper for it. Did this on my son's 90 EX and it is still working just fine.
                              thanks to you bro, thats exactly what i did...thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X