h22 owners with stock engine harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 owners with stock engine harness

with the f22 u could just connect it to the header itself but with the h22 i have an aftermarket header and the plug is at the end of the header which is under the engine. well as u can know the my o2 sensor cant reach all the way because of how short it is.

how did u get your o2 sensor connected to the bottom part of the downpipe. sorry if i worded it wrong.

You have to pull back the sleeve on the O2 sensor. I think its three wires underneath the sleeve. Basically you have to cut the wires and splice longer wire into it to give it extra length to reach the bung at the bottom of the downpipe.

Comment

I can't remember where I got it but you can get a o2 sensor extension harness. Or you can cut and splice the wires.
      Freedom Is Not Free
      U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112 View Post
        I can't remember where I got it but you can get a o2 sensor extension harness. Or you can cut and splice the wires.
        i found some but not for accords. its says honda/acura and i was wondering if all o2 sensors are the same plugs for any honda/acura

Comment

If you plan on cutting and splicing wires, I'd recommend solder and heat shrink tubing, just to be safe

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
            if You Plan On Cutting And Splicing Wires, I'd Recommend Solder And Heat Shrink Tubing, Just To Be Safe
            X2!

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
            MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
            11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7xChun View Post
              i found some but not for accords. its says honda/acura and i was wondering if all o2 sensors are the same plugs for any honda/acura
              Maybe just the plug cause I accidently bought one for a prelude and the plug was different.
              Freedom Is Not Free
              U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

All you have to do is remove the harness tape and the O2 wire will reach the new spot. Then re-tape the harness.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Go to the junkyard. Cut the connector off a junk harness, and the junk o2 sensor. Get a good bit of wire with it as well. Create an extension harness that way. It's MUCH smarter than hacking up your stock harness.

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                    All you have to do is remove the harness tape and the O2 wire will reach the new spot. Then re-tape the harness.
                    this is the best method if it will reach. i had an A6 harness so the O2 was already in that location, but the O2 signal wire is shielded to protect from other noise and interferance in the engine bay. it is best to keep the shielded wire to allow the ecu to accuratly read the O2 sensor.

Its not the end of an engine, but why add extra error in the signal that the ecu has to deal with while trying to run the engine, if it can be avoided all together.
                    Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

i know this is kinda old topic, but if you have a 93 ex cb7 as i do, then the o2 sensor is already on the downpipe. getting my h22 swap tomorrow.

93 accord coupe lxr
                      10 fusion se slammed

Comment

Originally posted by fstacrd View Post
                        i know this is kinda old topic, but if you have a 93 ex cb7 as i do, then the o2 sensor is already on the downpipe. getting my h22 swap tomorrow.
                        I had the same worry. I just cut the harness loom open and pulled wires out and it reaches without cutting wires.
                        The beginning of a new era............................
                        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
                          I had the same worry. I just cut the harness loom open and pulled wires out and it reaches without cutting wires.
                          just wanted ppl to know that before they start cutting or messing things up lol.

93 accord coupe lxr
                          10 fusion se slammed

Comment

Working...
                          X