Ok PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok PROBLEM

(please excuse me im southern and I dont quite know all the technical terms)

On the throttle body connected tot he throttle cable theres a spring thingy... that spring thingy is held on with a nut.. The nut is GONE on my CB.. and the threads are screwed up so I cant put another one on. I need creative ideas to hold the thing together so I dont go Prius on I-65...

Anything that will hold it on.. Any ideas?
    -Will

it sounds like you will need a new throttle body.

it's possible that you could just put a new nut on there and be fine, depends on how messed up the threads are. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Eh. Its Screwed up beyond belief.. Looks like someone hammered the threads flat.. I just need something to hold the thing on.. Maybe a cotter pin? Or Aligator clips.. idk. I dont have time to swap throttle bodys..
      -Will

Comment

Its not worth the risk of it jamming open, right when that kid decides to run in front of you to get their ball they threw over the fence.

Just change the throttle body, its only a 10-30min job depending on experience.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Your best bet is to get a new throttle body. It's really not that hard to change out.

And it's KINDA important.

Find a TB at a junkyard. It's worth an evening.
          90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

drill a hole in the rod and stick a pin in it. lol
            COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
              drill a hole in the rod and stick a pin in it. lol
              What rod?
              At least elaborate a bit when you are talking about a potential safety issue.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
              X