duralast? clutch from autozone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duralast? clutch from autozone

i searched and cant find any useful info on this brand clutch. anyone use this brand clutch before? any help is useful help. thanks.

Crap.... they dont grab as well as oem.

get a exedy stage one.
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

i got a f1 stage 1 clutch and 11.5 fw for 225 shipped.

the clutch is still fine but doesnt grab like i want it to

if i can do it again, ill get a exxedy stage 1.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Duralast is Autozone's store brand. It's cheap, generic, and won't be anything special. If you're just looking for stock replacement, it's fine. If you want performance, look elsewhere.

XTD is garbage, F1 is something I would stay away from. Exedy is OEM, and they make performance varieties as well. For anything under 200whp, nothing more than an Exedy Stage 1 woudl be needed.

Comment

thanks for the replies. im not looking for anything performance wise. im gona h22 swap my cb it in about a year and will add a performance clutch then. so i need something cheap and reliable for about a year. and i dont race my stock f22 or beat on it to bad. and tommi did you actually try this type of clutch before?

Comment

If the H22 is going to be stock, or near stock (no forced induction, no crazy compression and headwork, etc...) then you won't even need a performance clutch then.

Get a quality clutch that is made for the amount of power you're putting down. No more, no less.

If you only want the Duralast clutch for the F22 for regular driving, and nothing perforamance oriented, I'd say it'd be fine. It's not super high quality, but for regular driving it will last longer than you're going to own it, I'm sure. Just have your flywheel resurfaced or replaced, and use an OEM throwout bearing (they're like $40 from Honda.) I had an XTD throwout bearing fail on me, and it destroyed everything associated with the clutch.

Comment

ok so i looked on ebay and found this. should i get it and call it good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY...Q5fAccessories

Comment

Exedy would certainly be a better choice.

Comment

now i cant understand why this one is $111 shipped. and other exedy suppliers are like $273 shipped? why the big price different?

and whats the deal with the different sizes? this one is 220 mm. but i found some in 225 and 219.

Comment

I'm not sure about the size. That's not something I ever even looked at... I just made sure it was for my car!

It's possible that they're cheap because GripForce does a LOT of business... they may be able to buy cheaper by buying in bulk. They're not a bad company, based on their reputation. I think my friend got a clutch from them (I believe he called and negotiated an even better deal... I may be wrong, though... it was years ago.)

Comment

duralast clutchs are great for a daily driver . with normaly driving and a good beating every now and then...

im a fan of LSD clutchs there affordable have tons of good reviews ( d-series.org) and GRIP hard! i had a 6puck stage 1 in my civic... way more clutch then i needed haha
                      Blake.
                      1994 Accord Part out!
                      Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Exedy, ACT, ClutchMasters and Centerforce would all be a great by. basically you get what you pay for

Comment

i have one in my car right now. its held up to A LOT of abuse. many track runs high rpm etc
                          COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Accord View Post
                            duralast clutchs are great for a daily driver . with normaly driving and a good beating every now and then...

im a fan of LSD clutchs there affordable have tons of good reviews ( d-series.org) and GRIP hard! i had a 6puck stage 1 in my civic... way more clutch then i needed haha
                            itsmore than you need because its a puck clutch, usually 6puck is for like stage 3 and up.

otherwise it will be a normal circle clutch, solid piece.

i never seen a 6puck stage 1, thats cool they offer that for a stage 1.
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

i have a duralast one with normal and every now and then hard driving. i think it's pretty good in my opinion but when everyone tells me that excedy is so much better, then i can only imagine it grabs awhole lot better and performs better. now that's something to think about.

Comment

Working...
                              X