oil pressure gauge busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil pressure gauge busted

im not sure if this is the place to ask this ...but remove it if you wish .
    im planning on fitting a after market oil pressure gauge 2 a h22a since the warning in the cluster is busted . turn the ignition no light ..ive got the kit,but no place to put the aftermarket sensor ..i was thinking can i just fit the wire to the oem sensor then connect to gauge ? is this ok to do ?

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

i want to say yes but at the same time, if the signal is interrupted then vtec may not engage. you can alsways run a oil sandwich plate.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The aftermarket gauge is calibrated to read the aftermarket sender, so no, you cannot just connect it to the stock sender. You need to get an adapter to adapt the mm threads in the block to the npt threads of the new sender. They are close but not the same, you can force thread it through and it will likely seal just fine but that is your decision. If you go this route you also need to have this adapter made so it is about 1' long flexible line. An adapter and oil pressure sender hanging off the back of the block have been known to just break off from vibration.

You can also get a sandwich adapter which is what I have and it eliminates the need for a thread adapter. Glowshift has then for a good price but others make them too. Make sure you have a good ground through the body of the sender unless it has two terminals on it.

wed3k: doesn't the vtec have its own switch there with the vtec solenoid by the dizzy? I'm not an h22 guy but pretty sure that's right.
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

you're probably right, the one oil pressure sender is just for the gauge. ive only worked on a handful of vtec's so im not positive.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ok , i got me a oil line and hooked every thing up . im not sure whats suppose to happen but t start the car and the gauge needle didn't even budge ..
          ive follow the instruction leaflet thoroughly, so what should i look for could the sender be faulty out of the box ??

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

same thing hapened to mine..sender was good, and everything was hooked up right, yet nothing moved when the car was on..I thiought faulty sender too, but now im not sure..

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
            Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
            Originally posted by bmxicansd
            so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Working...
            X