Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did everything but still cant get the f22 to crank!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did everything but still cant get the f22 to crank!!!

hey fellas!!

Well as you can see, my car aint starting, well, i removed the engine 1 week ago to change my clutch and paint my engine bay and block. I also took it out to fix my half shaft and other stuff. Anyways, i put everything back together last night, and finished up today in the morning to crank it and bleed the clutch.

It cranked at first, then i had a gas leak due to my fuel filter threading being stripped, so i just bought a new one, even tho the car didnt turn on. Well this is the funny thing, once i fixed that the oil and battery light was on, like normal, except the check engine light. At first when i cranked it all the lights came on...event the CEL

Ok here it is, now that i want to rotate it, it wont, the CEL, battery, and oil dosent come on nomore, only the brake and SRS, but when i turn the key all the way those 3 lights come on, but very dim, like if it wanted to barely light up.

but when i try to crank it, it wont crank, as if the battery was dead but its not, here is what i've done:

Changed Main relay, ECU (to another PT3), the whole fuse box, checked grounds, changed battery, changed ignition switch,,,, im just lost fellas, i also triple checked all my fuses and harness, it all seems good, but dont know why it the light wont lit and the motor wont crank....any ideas fellas??

thanks alot!!

mine did that and it was my shitty neg battery cable.
    COUPE K24

Comment

is the ground near the negative battery post bolted to the fender?

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Thermostat ground needs a checking

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

well, my battery is in the trunk, im running a 0g wire, and im running it where the spare tires goes, there's a bolt there since i dont have the spare there....

do you guys think in can really be the negaitve cable? never gave me problems till now...

but theres a first for everything! ima try this tomorrow, hope it works out...

and yes i have checked the thermostat housing ground, it good and gravey!

Comment

thats how my car was. i was driving motor locked up and it messed the battery cable up somehow. never replaced it just cleaned it and hasnt given me problems since.
            COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
              thats how my car was. i was driving motor locked up and it messed the battery cable up somehow. never replaced it just cleaned it and hasnt given me problems since.
              hmmm, i should definetley do that tomorrow for sure! man, hope thats problem!

BTW, when that happend to you did you radio still turn on and stuff???
              cause mine does

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                hey fellas!!

Well as you can see, my car aint starting, well, i removed the engine 1 week ago to change my clutch and paint my engine bay and block.
                Since you painted you need to make sure every ground is on clean steel.
                Paint is an insulator, so any grounds bolted to the painted surface won't do a very good job.

As has been said above - The 2 most obvious problems would be the thermostat ground and, the main battery ground.

Check those two first, but check all the others as well for good contact to ground

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                  Since you painted you need to make sure every ground is on clean steel.
                  Paint is an insulator, so any grounds bolted to the painted surface won't do a very good job.

As has been said above - The 2 most obvious problems would be the thermostat ground and, the main battery ground.

Check those two first, but check all the others as well for good contact to ground
                  thanks brah!!

well i only clean the thermo housing one and its pretty much pure metal, and i sanded that part off....

going to check all the other ones tomorrow! hope it really helps!!

Comment

thanks fellas!!!

i problem was the grounds!!

i pretty much grabbed sand paper and saned the thermo housing, fuses part, and the battetr!! started like a charm!!

thanks evel demoN!! and thanks 93cb7!!

hope this helps anyone in need in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                      hmmm, i should definetley do that tomorrow for sure! man, hope thats problem!

BTW, when that happend to you did you radio still turn on and stuff???
                      cause mine does
                      yup sure did. the gauge lights were REALLY dim. but glad ya got it fixed.
                      COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                      X